It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 5:50 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

First time in Colorado. Had a blast!

Cheers to everyone here on Colorado board!
Next weekend I will be in Boulder. Visiting Colorado for the first time. Meeting up with an old friend who is there for a conference. We will have two days set aside for hiking and plan to get a good close look at Rockies. Ideally we would want to do two dayhikes of about 12-15 miles roundtrip, get on the summit of something, have great views most of ...
Read more : First time in Colorado. Had a blast! | Views : 2539 | Replies : 11

24 to 12hrs of Sunlight

Been a bunch of bitching and arguing with Sunlight and the organisers of the 24hrs of Sunlight. Long story short.....the organisers pulled out and Sunlight is gonna do just a 12hrs of Sunlight instead. Major bummer. That was a great race. Don't know why these people can't just resolve this kind of stuff. Can't tell who's actually at fault (you never get both sides of the story). The organisers are thinking of trying to do ...
Read more : 24 to 12hrs of Sunlight | Views : 2483 | Replies : 13

Early December Ascent of Mt. Elbert

I'll be climbing Mt. Elbert on Friday, December 11. I'm asking for partners. Anyone interested? Please let me know.

I also would like anyone's help on ensuring that I stay on path regarding the South route. I understand that it can be tricky recognizing trailmarks with snow covering the ground. Also, is the South route the shortest to take? I understand that the Black Cloud Trail is not the best choice for a winter ascent ...
Read more : Early December Ascent of Mt. Elbert | Views : 2510 | Replies : 2

Lil bit of snow comin' down.

We've got about 14" here in the Fort and it's still coming down. My trees are groaning under the weight, but no breakage yet.
What's happening in your neighborhood???
Read more : Lil bit of snow comin' down. | Views : 5114 | Replies : 23

Climing Presentation 10/28 in Denver

Conrad Anker and Jimmy Chin are presenting their Meru climb at the Oriental Theater in Denver tonight. Cheers!
Read more : Climing Presentation 10/28 in Denver | Views : 684 | Replies : 1

need advice for Dec. climb

I will be in Boulder mid December through NYE. I am looking for ideas of routes/mountains to climb which involve conditions likely to be found on Mt. Shasta or Hood. I am planning a trip out there in the spring and would like some good practice. Currently, looking at Evans, Longs, Grays, and Torreys. Anyone know which mountain/routes are best for winter climbing with crampons and ice axe? Possibly some steeps where tying off is ...
Read more : need advice for Dec. climb | Views : 1551 | Replies : 4

Elbert in early November

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can help me out with some info.

Does mount Elbert get a lot of snow in early November? Are snow shoes a must at that time of year?

Also the 4WD part of the road that leads to the south route - when does it close for winter? Is it still open?

Thanks!
Read more : Elbert in early November | Views : 2625 | Replies : 8

Pizza and Beer in the Mountaineering Center, Golden, Oct.26

After you've spent the weekend at the AMC for Mountainfilm, come hang out on Monday the 26th for two other things:

Pizza from 5-6:30 in the library. We give you pizza, you give us your brains to pick about making the library even better. Give me a heads up that you're coming so I know how much pizza to order! 303-384-0112.

Beer at 7 in the AMC's auditorium: The American Alpine Club (AAC) Library and ...
Read more : Pizza and Beer in the Mountaineering Center, Golden, Oct.26 | Views : 1250 | Replies : 3

Search and Rescue Garfield County

I have been following this thread on 14'ers and I have linked it here. This takes the term"ass hole" to a much higher level.

"Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario has recently changed the application requirements for active and future volunteers for the organization. The 39-page application for new volunteers asks personal questions in regard to financial history, loan balances of any kind including a home mortgage, complete medical history, drug screen and history, and driving ...
Read more : Search and Rescue Garfield County | Views : 4728 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574