It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:48 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Adventurefilm Festival in Boulder Nov 12-14

Skiing, Mt. Biking, Enviro, Kayaking, Climbing Films and more........... Nov 12-14th 2009
The Adventure Film Festival in Boulder is an international forum for the best and most inspiring independent films of the year. The over 30 films featured in the Festival encompass all aspects of adventure from serious exploration and environmental heroism to gripping tales from the edge of the believable. With award winning films from around the globe‚ adventure art and powerful speakers‚ the ...
Read more : Adventurefilm Festival in Boulder Nov 12-14 | Views : 982 | Replies : 0

Suggestions for a 14er the week of Thanksgiving?

Hey guys, I am gonna be camped in Ft Collins for the week of Thanksgiving, and I am working my fat ass off to be in shape to do something up high that week.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good 14er for that time of year? I am open to stuff involving some mixed climbing and a ski/snowshoe approach.

Fish on,

Pelado
Read more : Suggestions for a 14er the week of Thanksgiving? | Views : 5462 | Replies : 16

Anyone know this couloir?

I was hiking on the Arapahoe Pass Trail near Mt. Neva and Jasper and saw this couloir on the northeast ridge of Jasper. Anyone know if it has a name or its history (if any)? I am speaking of the couloir on the right, but if anything is known of either, please share.
Close-up
From afar
Read more : Anyone know this couloir? | Views : 1759 | Replies : 2

First Ascent Event in Denver

There is an invitation only event at Eddie Bauer - Park Meadows (South Denver) this Thursday October 22nd from 7pm-10pm. The following mountaineers will be present for a panel discussion, Dave Hahn, Peter Whittaker, Seth Waterfall, Jake Norton, Chad Peele and a special appearance by Jim Whittaker. In addition to the panel discussion they will have refreshments, special discounts on First Ascent gear and a book signing by Jim Whittaker.

Email your name to ...
Read more : First Ascent Event in Denver | Views : 2490 | Replies : 2

Lost camera- reward

When I couldn't find my camera I used during my climb of Sheridan, Peerless and Horseshoe yesterday (Friday, Oct. 19th), I realized where I lost it. I had it attached to the sternum strap of my pack which I set down at the Fourmile Creek trailhead for Mount Sherman near the gate closure at the west side of the parking area while I was loading my truck.

The camera is an old Canon Powershot SD500 ...
Read more : Lost camera- reward | Views : 2793 | Replies : 10

Conditions on Longs Peak

Has anyone been up Long's Peak recently? I am going to be in the area on Monday and would like to climb it.

If anyone is near RMNP, I would love to hear about what the conditions are like on and around the mountain.

Thanks.
Read more : Conditions on Longs Peak | Views : 3593 | Replies : 5

6 year old floats off in balloon

This doesn't look good. The balloon is down but the boy isn't in it. :cry:

FORT COLLINS, Colo. – A homemade balloon aircraft floated away from a yard in Colorado after a 6-year-old boy was seen climbing inside, setting off a frantic scramble by the military and law enforcement agencies before the balloon slowly touched down in a field.

Story.

Read more : 6 year old floats off in balloon | Views : 7087 | Replies : 24

Boulder Adventure Film Festival - Check it Out!

The Adventure Film Festival in Boulder is an international forum for the best and most inspiring independent films of the year. The Films featured in the Festival encompass all aspects of adventure from serious exploration and environmental heroism to gripping tales from the edge of the believable. With films from around the globe‚ adventure art‚ and powerful keynote speakers‚ the annual Adventure Film Festival in Boulder continues to inspire and awaken us all to the ...
Read more : Boulder Adventure Film Festival - Check it Out! | Views : 2275 | Replies : 1

winter climbing bum

i was laid off back in the spring and enjoyed a summer of climbing and would like to continue climbing straight on through the winter. i'm seriously considering driving out to out to colorado to climb ice for several weeks this winter. anybody offer any advice for finding a cash job around ouray? or telluride maybe? i've never been to the area so don't know if they hire a lot of seasonal workers to wait ...
Read more : winter climbing bum | Views : 3434 | Replies : 6

South Colony Lakes 4x4 Closing for Good

Hey folks, just letting people know that the rough road to the upper South Colony Lakes Trailhead will close permanently to all vehicles on October 13. In the future, a gate at what is now the "rough 2wd" parking area will be the closest you can get to the S Colony Lakes Valley. Just drove the road all the way for the last weekend is was open, it's a hair raiser!
Read more : South Colony Lakes 4x4 Closing for Good | Views : 3172 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557974 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136462