It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:10 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Death at Cob Rock?!?!?!?!?!

First this season. Condolences to friends and family.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_13366234?source=rsssimplepiehome
Read more : Death at Cob Rock?!?!?!?!?! | Views : 5195 | Replies : 15

Avery Peak????

Is anyone familiar with the Colorado peak called Avery Peak? It is in Gothic, near Crested Butte. Its looks like a red pyramid from the NW side.

I can't find any documentation on this peak including elevation, quadrangle, etc... Does anyone have a clue what its listed as. Is is an unnamed? Is is unranked?
Read more : Avery Peak???? | Views : 5265 | Replies : 2

Fall colors updates?

Anyone have updates on what areas are changing or when they will peak? Also, suggestions for places to go the first week of October that may be lagging behind other areas. Unfortunately I can't get much farther then the front range area until the beginning of next month. McClure pass and steamboat areas?
Thanks!
Read more : Fall colors updates? | Views : 6821 | Replies : 22

Rutting Season in Colorado

It's that time of year - the elk are bugling. I had a beautiful 7+7 bull elk at it all night outside my window. He might have gotten some - at one point he sounded like Forrest Gump imitating the noise his Mama and her lover made. Sure hope he finds his harem soon, though.

In addition to it being an incredible thing to hear at night it can be a little dangerous. Elk are ...
Read more : Rutting Season in Colorado | Views : 3242 | Replies : 12

Image Reposting

Hey folks. We have a new contributer, but he seems to be okay with ripping images from listsofjohn.com and reposting them (admittedly w/ attribution).

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... ntain.html

I really can't say I appreciate this behavior. Let's get a discussion started. Is this acceptable or not?
Read more : Image Reposting | Views : 4413 | Replies : 20

Santa Fe Peak

I am looking to hike Santa Fe Peak tomorrow, then follow the connecting ridge to Sullivan Mountain, Geneva Peak and Landslide Peak. I am starting this hike from Montezuma and heading up the Santa Fe Peak 4WD road. For those who have either climbed Santa Fe or otherwise traveled up this road, how far can I expect to get with a Subaru Outback? I am not opposed to a few dings, but would prefer to ...
Read more : Santa Fe Peak | Views : 1467 | Replies : 2

Ten Mile Traverse anyone?-9/19

Anybody up for the 10 Mile traverse this Sat? The forecast looks great so far. I could also do Sunday if the forecast ends up looking better that day, but would prefer Sat.

My wife and I will be staying in Breck, so she will pick me up below Peak 9 at the southern "trailhead" at 11400'. I will skip Peak 10 since I've already done it. Stats are ~11 miles/6K vertical assuming I can ...
Read more : Ten Mile Traverse anyone?-9/19 | Views : 1286 | Replies : 0

Looking for things to do near Denver

My wife and I are considering a long weekend in early November to Denver. We would arrive Sat AM/noonish flying into denver and so have the remainder of the day, all day sunday and then going to the Steeler-Bronco monday night game, flying out Tuesday. Can anybody point me in the right direction to make some plans for the weekend to do some hiking/scrambling and maybe get in a couple of 14ers. I'm thinking Sat ...
Read more : Looking for things to do near Denver | Views : 3627 | Replies : 5

Does anyone have any info on the East Face of Pigeon Peak?

If anyone has any information on the east face of Pigeon Peak I would love to hear from you at nmharnish@fortlewis.edu
Read more : Does anyone have any info on the East Face of Pigeon Peak? | Views : 2097 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557974 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136462