It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 7:31 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Watzmann & Watzmannhaus - Help!

Hi,

We are going to Germany in August and will be climbing Watzmann. We need to book the Watzmannhaus - https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.davplus.de/watzmannhaus&prev=search - for Saturday 27th August 2016 for 4 people.

Has anyone had any experience of trying to book this? It says that bookings and inquiries are to be made by phone only but having tried to ring several times over the last few months I have not been able to get through, the phone ...
Read more : Watzmann & Watzmannhaus - Help! | Views : 3239 | Replies : 3

Mulhacen in summer

Hi all. Myself and my hiking/climbing buddy are looking to do our first Euro trip climb next August and we've settled on Mulhacen in the Spanish Sierra Nevada. There seems to be limited info on the internet regarding climbing reports and details of the different ascent routes and what gear/experience may be needed. Anyone on here climbed and have any advice?

Cheers folks :)
Read more : Mulhacen in summer | Views : 6929 | Replies : 3

Two Day Alps Climbs - August

Hi All,

I wanted to head to the Alps over the August bank holiday weekend with my wife & climb a mountain of about 4000m in height, guided. Nothing technical please. I did some of my own research & came across Gran Paradiso in Italy, but it seems to be very popular & crowded. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind doing lesser known peaks, but we want to reach an actual summit & ...
Read more : Two Day Alps Climbs - August | Views : 3426 | Replies : 4

Haute route unguided

scheming to go ski the Haute Route with my wife next week... Unguided (Verbier variation) .
Any thoughts?
background: we hiked it in October a few years ago... got into Zermatt just intime to miss the first major snowstorm of the year. We've also spent a few weeks skiing in these regions 2 years ago, and spend our normal winters tagging 10th Mt. huts across Colorado.

we're not bothered by dealing with some minor crevasse ...
Read more : Haute route unguided | Views : 2862 | Replies : 0

Mt Blanc Route and acclimatisation advice

Hi, apologies for asking about something that has probably been covered before but anyway here goes! My girlfriend and I are going to be in Italy for about 10 days, early to mid-June and would like to have a bash at Mt Blanc if the weather is right. We live in New Zealand and have done a bit of mountaineering so I am fairly comfortable with the climb. The acclimatisation aspect is my main concern ...
Read more : Mt Blanc Route and acclimatisation advice | Views : 4041 | Replies : 8

Beginner Climbs in Europe

Hi all, first post on the forums and love what I'm reading so far. Just looking for some advice on good climbs/scrambles in Europe. I've got Snowden in August and Ben Nevis next year but am now ready and looking for something higher and more challenging outside of the UK. Happy to tackle strenuous routes, not adverse to hard scrambling either. Any advice would be great.

Thanks All x
Read more : Beginner Climbs in Europe | Views : 2726 | Replies : 1

WInter climbing in Kerry Ireland

Last month I was fortunate to get a stellar winters day out on Carrauntoohil. It isn't often we get decent winter conditions but this was a bonus. The trip report here...http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2016/03/ ... -step.html
I hope you enjoy, Stephen
Read more : WInter climbing in Kerry Ireland | Views : 2799 | Replies : 0

Scotland can be Alpine as well.

I recently returned from another winter trip to the Highlands in Scotland. It is always a balancing act between weather and conditions in that part of the world but when things click it is an amazing place. The north side of Ben Nevis offers some of the best climbing to be found anywhere in the world. Alas I only brush the fringes of climbing but I had a good experience anyway. Here is a link ...
Read more : Scotland can be Alpine as well. | Views : 3250 | Replies : 1

Week of May 8th

I'm trying to figure out where to go on vacation the week of May 8th and curious about conditions in the Alps at that time and any recommendations. I live in colorado and hope to be acclimitized and hope to start hitting couliors this spring. I've attempted Cayambe in Ecuador so I'm fine on glaciers as long as there is no serious crevasse danger. I also climb class four peaks in the USA but not ...
Read more : Week of May 8th | Views : 2102 | Replies : 0

Dolomites walking -- snow

How is the snow pack looking so far this year in the Dolomites?

Is it likely to be an issue for walking either Alta Via 1 or 2 in the last half of June?
Read more : Dolomites walking -- snow | Views : 5791 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558017 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136577