It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

The french mountains are here...

The french mountains :
alpes, pyrénées, auvergne, vercors...
and world's mountains.
Photos and Videos...

http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/
Read more : The french mountains are here... | Views : 1075 | Replies : 0

A quick photo research

Being impressed by Lorenzo's high quality pictures, I asked myself which indicator could be a good measure of it. The best rated picture may only be a pure luck (also my best rated picture is far from being my favourite one). The number of posted pictures is even worse. So, I looked at the rating of the 27th picture on member's profile page - the last one, showed in a series of thumbnails. These are ...
Read more : A quick photo research | Views : 1714 | Replies : 11

acclimatization climbs on the Italian side of Mont Blanc

I want to do the Italian normal route on MB in late July and want to acclimatize with a PD or easy AD climb a day or two before. A relatively short rock, ice or mixed route from the Italian side would be ideal. Any suggestions?
Read more : acclimatization climbs on the Italian side of Mont Blanc | Views : 2534 | Replies : 6

Elbrus expedition

We've got a 4-pax group for Elbrus expedition for a date of 24th of july for about 10 days. To decrease price, we would like to invite more people for our expedition. If you are interested, contact me:
bukh@pisem.net
Read more : Elbrus expedition | Views : 2258 | Replies : 4

Hej SLO-CRO-BIH-SCG-MK Team...

pozdravlja vas jedan Dalmatinac koji zivi u Nirnbergu (Bavarska, Njem.) Stvorili ste pravi Balkan Power u ovom forumu, vrazi vas odnili :D

Samo tako nastavite dragi moji.

Zivila balkanska priroda,
Andelko
Read more : Hej SLO-CRO-BIH-SCG-MK Team... | Views : 632 | Replies : 0

French Maps

Can anyone tell me what is the best french map to use to climb Mont Blanc? :?
Read more : French Maps | Views : 1573 | Replies : 3

From a former Zuri resident

Schaechtentaller Windgallen is good so long as you can downclimb some tricky spots and the chute is not too tricky.

Other worthy objectives in the neighborhood:

Toedi/Piz Ruessein - Need to go down to Andermatt then on the road west to start the walk-in at Trun. Probably advisable to overnight at the Camona da Punteglias Hut instead of blasting on. Big crevasses but since you are going in Sept, the glacier will be dry

Glaernisch ...
Read more : From a former Zuri resident | Views : 545 | Replies : 0

winterrraum

hi

can you helpme nthe next question,
Heinrich-Schwaiger-Haus winterraum's is opened this time or need a key to open
(AV key)
Read more : winterrraum | Views : 610 | Replies : 1

Ski station project proposal in the Cordillera Cantábrica

The building of a ski station/resort on the San Glorio pass in the Cordillera Cantábrica was first proposed in 2003. It would not only ruin an area very popular with mountaineers, especially in winter, but is threatening the survival of the brown bears of the Iberian peninsular and the whole eco-system in general. Opposition is still ongoing, with environmental impact reports being prepared and signatures against the project being taken by the Plataforma en Defensa ...
Read more : Ski station project proposal in the Cordillera Cantábrica | Views : 869 | Replies : 1

Pyrenees next week- avalanche reports

Hi all,

I'm going to the Pyrenees next saturday for a week with a couple of mates. Our aims are Posets and Aneto and hopefully another peak as well. I'm looking for weather and avalanche reports for that area, can anyone provide me with a link?

Cheers,

Carl.
Read more : Pyrenees next week- avalanche reports | Views : 2800 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136442