It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

mount blanc ski tour partners

calling all ski tourers, i'm thinking about skiing the mount blanc this winter and thought why not make it safer by getting some of you keen mountaineers to come along. Aiming for around mid feb and dont want the party to be bigger than around 10 folk, so first come first serve. I have done lots of serious winter walking and skied in many high resorts like zermat, grand montets etc so well up for ...
Read more : mount blanc ski tour partners | Views : 779 | Replies : 2

Chamonix-Argentiere - Next 2 Weeks

I'll be in the Chamonix area for the next two weeks and plan to hit the ice around Argentiere glacier. Anyone interested in bashing some ice - please send me an email.
Read more : Chamonix-Argentiere - Next 2 Weeks | Views : 941 | Replies : 0

Swiss Alps: Any good mountains accessible from Nendaz?

I'm going skiing to Nendaz in Switzerland and want to know what local mountains are good for ski mountaineering. Mont Gele is the only one I can find on SP. Anyone know any other peaks/routes?
Read more : Swiss Alps: Any good mountains accessible from Nendaz? | Views : 1139 | Replies : 0

major industrialisation in the Scottish Highlands

Huge new renewable power projects and power line upgrades are currently being planned for the Scottish Highlands and Islands. At present this is one of the most beautiful and least developed mountain areas in Europe, but were the projects to go ahead all this would change, and many parts of this valuable landscape would be irreversably degraded. Those interested in conserving wilderness and protecting the area's vital tourist industry only have a few days left ...
Read more : major industrialisation in the Scottish Highlands | Views : 1585 | Replies : 2

Breithorn - Lyskamm traverse

Hi everybody, have any of you traversed either way E-W or W-E the Breithorn-Lyskamm ridge. Thinking of doing so sometime March/April. If you have any info, it would be great if you can share it.
Thanks
Read more : Breithorn - Lyskamm traverse | Views : 2714 | Replies : 4

Skitour06: March: Strahlhorn - May: Mt.Blanc

I am looking for partners to start skitouring in the high Alps in March e.g. with Strahlhorn, Rimpfischhorn , Alalinhorn and Alphubel from Britannia hut.
More ambitious summits like Fiescherhorn, Dent D'Herens should follow. It would be great to climb Aletschhorn, Gr.Combin and finally Mt. Blanc in April and May.
If You are interested please mail to thxpg4@web.de
Read more : Skitour06: March: Strahlhorn - May: Mt.Blanc | Views : 1337 | Replies : 1

Climbing Matterhorn

Hi, me and a friend is planing to climb Matterhorn this summer and i have a couple of questions concerning that matter.
We are not well experienced climbing and mostly have only experience from longer cross country trips in lower altitude(2400m)
I am in general good shape, and my friend is in excelent shape. We know that it is not recomended to climb for beginners, but our heart is set on Matterhorn now.
What is ...
Read more : Climbing Matterhorn | Views : 15760 | Replies : 48

Zuckerhütl

I have adopted <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/404">Zuckerhütl</a> and basic improvements are done!
Read more : Zuckerh&uuml;tl | Views : 1212 | Replies : 1

Place to stay in Chamonix, anybody knew cheep one?

If somebody knows where to stay in Chamonix or near places in christmas - new year period, please give us an advise. we're going for climbing and looking for cheepest variant.
thnks.
Read more : Place to stay in Chamonix, anybody knew cheep one? | Views : 1651 | Replies : 4

Did anyone climbed Dru after summer collapse?

Which routes are possible now on the west face?
thks
Read more : Did anyone climbed Dru after summer collapse? | Views : 982 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495