It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:55 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Vehicle Access in NPS/BLM land.

Hello everyone, I'd like to get some opinions from you real quick if you're a little bored and have some time on your hands. I'm writing a proposal paper for one of my classes about limiting vehicular traffic in NPS land, the effects of automobile pollution, etc. I'd like to know if anyone has some interesting suggestions of alternatives to automobile access, counter-arguments, obscure effects of automobile pollution, etc. Pretty much anything goes as long ...
Read more : Vehicle Access in NPS/BLM land. | Views : 5752 | Replies : 18

PBS Special on Wolverines

http://video.pbs.org/video/1642358743
Watched a bit of this last night...pretty interesting.
Read more : PBS Special on Wolverines | Views : 1005 | Replies : 2

Annapurna footage

Does anyone know where I could watch the footage from Maurice Herzogs trip to Annapurna? Also it would be better if it was in English since my French is not that great. I can only find a review of it on the internet from the New York Times from 1953. I would love to see this footage. I liked The Conquest of Everest and found it really easy to find. It was on you tube.
Read more : Annapurna footage | Views : 804 | Replies : 0

exSPpatriates

I have a feeling we are a fair number on SP. How many are we ?
Where did we live, where did we move and why ? How long ago ?
Where did we hike and where do we now go ?
What do we miss and not miss from our home mountains, what do we like and dislike in the new ones ?
What positive and negative things do we see concerning the other ...
Read more : exSPpatriates | Views : 2872 | Replies : 12

Where is this?

This has bothered me for awile...I saw this on one of my mom's old Guideposts postcards. I dont have a scanner, so I took a picture of it, although it's not the highest quality. Anyone know where this is? At first I thought Sierras, but I 've never seen a high mountain lake of that size there. (on the real postcard, the lake is alot bigger, this is just a part of it)
Thanks!
Read more : Where is this? | Views : 1018 | Replies : 6

Food from the Seven Summits

I am researching meals cooked "ON" each of the seven summits. Would love some feedback. Here is one sample already:
http://www.summitpost.org/papas-fritas-con-rajas/678372
Read more : Food from the Seven Summits | Views : 7277 | Replies : 25

Touching the Void, movie

I noticed in another thread that the book Touching The Void was made into a movie. I never knew that. That was the first mountaineering book I ever read and it helped get me hooked so it holds a special place in among all the other books of the sort I liked. I decided I would prefer to rent it first to see if it was a horrible movie compared to the book or not. ...
Read more : Touching the Void, movie | Views : 4072 | Replies : 29

Waterfall climbing

Does or has anyone here climbed waterfalls? I'm taking an ice course this winter and the spot they usually use is a waterfall (see pic below in summer). Just looking for any interesting stories or facts about climbing these specifically.

Read more : Waterfall climbing | Views : 5756 | Replies : 18

Please Help !! SCC is Doing Good Things !! Please Help !! SCC is Doing Good Things !!

:D I just received this note from Jim Morse...

"The Southeast Climbers Coalition has entered the Pepsi Refresh contest,
to win $250,000 to purchase and maintain two currently closed climbing areas,
in Tennessee and Alabama.
THE TOP 5 VOTE GETTERS WIN !!
The first vote takes a minute to do, but then you can vote each day and it just takes seconds.
If You could help ...
Read more : Please Help !! SCC is Doing Good Things !! | Views : 652 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136531