It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Spider Encounter

So I went camping last night. No tent, just a sleeping bag on a sleeping pad. Well I woke up this morning and this brown medium-sized "wolf spider" had taken up residence near the zipper on my backpack. Had set up a web and everything. So I quickly shook him off. Its a good thing I didn't need anything from my backpack when it was dark....I had no flashlight.....I might have been bitten by the ...
Read more : Spider Encounter | Views : 1981 | Replies : 12

Best climbing moments from the past year

It's been a rainy weekend, great for getting leftover work done and going to the gym. I was thinking about how the season is winding down for most of us.

Despite this being my third year with a permanent physical disability, this has been one of my best climbing seasons ever. I did things I never thought I'd be able to do again, and achieved things that had been goals for long before I broke ...
Read more : Best climbing moments from the past year | Views : 6882 | Replies : 22

Would you rather live in the wilderness or civilization?

So I recently saw this movie "Into The Wild". Lets say you have a choice of living in civilization with all the conveniences or living in some remote location in the wilderness living of the land. What would you rather do?
Read more : Would you rather live in the wilderness or civilization? | Views : 10853 | Replies : 27

Re: A note for members of SP

This thread is a hollow vessel. All posts deleted by me.

If you don't like other sites, fine, don't go there. Go anywhere you like but do not, do not. do not bring shit from other sites over here, whichever side of the divide between good and evil you personally believe you stand.

Thank you.

That is all.
Read more : Re: A note for members of SP | Views : 1081 | Replies : 0

TROUBLE OF WOMEN CLIMBING AND TOILET ISSUES!!

Im not a guy so cant just whip it out and go behind a bush or up against a rock

:(

Why didnt they make mountains with toilets?

Can I carry a fold down toilet in my backpack??

Dont want to be caught on a mountain like this: http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/OAC5682.jpg

Anything I can do ?
Read more : TROUBLE OF WOMEN CLIMBING AND TOILET ISSUES!! | Views : 32534 | Replies : 30

Decent Winter Climbing Courses...any recommendations? Decent Winter Climbing Courses...any recommendations?

Ok so crimbo is coming and I am planning on booking myself on a winter climbing course (they hold them in Scotland and Wales)

Can anyone recommend a decent course in the UK?

Thanks
Read more : Decent Winter Climbing Courses...any recommendations? | Views : 1638 | Replies : 7

Sponsor

Does anyone have advice/tips on how to get sponsors or funding for mountaineering endevors?
Read more : Sponsor | Views : 700 | Replies : 4

Help me identify this mountain

A friend sent me this picture and asked me what mountain this is... but I don't recognize it offhand. I'm not for sure if it's in the US... but if it is, I'm guessing it's probably in the west... probably not in California due to the dense forest... maybe not in Colorado because of the big body of water in the foreground... maybe a peak in the northern rockies? I dunno. Let me know if ...
Read more : Help me identify this mountain | Views : 4415 | Replies : 12

Hiking in hunting season

There's an interesting discussion on a different blog about whether hikers move out of national forests and into national parks this time of year.

I know I certainly change my behavior during hunting season. I don't worry about small game or archery seasons, but deer opening weekend is to be avoided throughout the Midwest. I also stay away from pheasant areas because pheasant hunting rewards quick triggers.

How about the rest of you?
Read more : Hiking in hunting season | Views : 28434 | Replies : 164

Bouldering

I was just wondering if this topic is shunned here as the little baby brother of climbing (haha) or if anyone lives around nice spots to go to? Where I am there isn't any really decent climbing any closer then an hour (which isn't to bad) but there's a nice quiet bouldering site that is pleasantly ignored by pretty much everyone. Here are a couple of pictures. If anyone has a spot they go to ...
Read more : Bouldering | Views : 4515 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557964 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136436