It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

How did you start? Your first climbs??

Its been a few days since i first came here and discovered the world of climbing!!

So what got me thinking was...how did you all start? Long walks as a kid? Read a book in school? What got you into this?

What were your first climbs?

Yes I am sooooo passing the time at work ;) but it would be interesting to hear everyones stories
Read more : How did you start? Your first climbs?? | Views : 22556 | Replies : 92

For Your Morning Pleasure.....

Simply, AWESOME!

Helps me put things back into perspective..... simplicity and the true beauties of life.

N'joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSM-jyQ ... re=related
Read more : For Your Morning Pleasure..... | Views : 1833 | Replies : 6

Fear in climbing by Arno

The Warrior's Way: Arno Ilgner Discusses Fear in Climbing

- taking the lead the sooner the better to get exposed and understand risk
- learn to fall
- time for thinking and time for action, do not mix

what do you think....
Read more : Fear in climbing by Arno | Views : 4371 | Replies : 19

Jaw trouble and eating in the mountains

A few years ago I injured by jaw in such a way that eating really chewy foods makes my jaw really sore. I do really long days in the mountains alpine climbing and such and have always used things like cliff bars and snickers (among other things) to keep the calories coming.

But, these types of foods often make my jaw sore (becuase they are pretty chewy and not super soft).

Are there foods that ...
Read more : Jaw trouble and eating in the mountains | Views : 2629 | Replies : 10

New member saying hello to SP!

Greetings to all here at SP.
My name is Billy Yates, and I live in Venice Ca. USA.
I'm not a climber or thrill seeker, but a recording artist who loves Mountains.
I am planning to get myself back into shape suitable for Hiking sorties
and ultimately planning some treks in Oregon, Washington and NorCal.
You will never find me free climbing a vertical wall but scrambling over boulders
and moderate climbs is my goal, ...
Read more : New member saying hello to SP! | Views : 8784 | Replies : 38

Newb saying Hi

Just joined and wanted to say hi. Living in south Florida I do not run into many climbers and thought this site would be great for info and banter.
I just got back from the Tetons for a couple of weeks of hiking and climbing with my daughter. She and my son have been in the wild since they could walk. I was often the family "sherpa" on these trips and it would help get ...
Read more : Newb saying Hi | Views : 3947 | Replies : 24

Missing Photos "Photo the Day" Album

Some photos of the year 2010 are missing. The Missing photo of the Day are for January 05, January 06, February 10, March 13, April 04, April 05, July 04, July 14, August 10, August 13, and August 16 2010.

If any member know the photo of the days of above missing date, please inform to complete the album.
Read more : Missing Photos "Photo the Day" Album | Views : 1594 | Replies : 1

Aron Ralston Movie - 127 Hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWcQC0ZxIM

"127 HOURS is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston’s (James Franco) remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight ...
Read more : Aron Ralston Movie - 127 Hours | Views : 12103 | Replies : 55

Accidents

I'm sure plenty of you have had accidents or near misses, whether they be falls, epics due to bad conditions or navigational errors or maybe underestimating a route beforehand, getting there and doing it anyway. Time to share some stories!

Seven and a half weeks ago I fell about 15m and broke 4 bones in my back and my right ankle. Luckily I'm going to be OK, had my leg cast off after 6 weeks ...
Read more : Accidents | Views : 1524 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434