It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

NO FUCKING ELVES AROUND?

The process takes longer for people with chip implants.
Read more : NO FUCKING ELVES AROUND? | Views : 1100 | Replies : 4

Women Climbers

A few years ago, I was blessed to meet Barbara Washburn. I told her I would love to climb Denali, but felt like I couldn't since I had a young child now. (I was holding my year old daughter in my arms while talking with her.)

"Oh, Do it!" she replied immediately without hesitation, "Yes, you can go. Do it."

She flashed me a huge smile and said that she climbed Denali when she had ...
Read more : Women Climbers | Views : 8281 | Replies : 15

IN BLOOD WE TRUST

What's up with that, Borut?

What happened to all your contributions?
Read more : IN BLOOD WE TRUST | Views : 499 | Replies : 2

Red River Gorge Climbing Video: Muir Valley

I just posted another edit on vimeo. I titled it Muir Valley but really it's just the Solarium. Check it out here

http://vimeo.com/14321748

Add me on twitter to hear about future projects. http://twitter.com/barple
Read more : Red River Gorge Climbing Video: Muir Valley | Views : 1574 | Replies : 0

Yet another Belgian climber killed

23 year old Chloé Graftiaux died last saturday after a deadly fall on Peuterey, a mountain on the North side of the Mont Blanc massif.

While descending, a piece of rock broke loose and dragged Graftiaux 600m down.

The Belgian girl was training in the Italian Alps as a preparation for a climbing expedition in India. She was planning to climb 6354m high Bhagirathi III.

Graftiaux was one of the best climbers in the world. ...
Read more : Yet another Belgian climber killed | Views : 3238 | Replies : 5

How times have changed!!

I just read a book entitled "The Kangchenjunga Adventure by F.S.Smith. He wrote it in 1933 to tell the story of a 1931 summit attempt on the world's 3rd highest mountain.

In the Preface, Smith takes the time to thank all those who supported the expedition including commercial sponsors.

In one instance he writes:

"I take this opportunity of expressing grateful thanks to the Imperial Tobacco Company at Calcutta, for the gift of over 100,000 ...
Read more : How times have changed!! | Views : 1657 | Replies : 3

What is Aaron doing nowadays?

Isn’t it time to write part 4? And even part 5? We are eagerly waiting!

For those who don’t understand please read:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Read more : What is Aaron doing nowadays? | Views : 834 | Replies : 3

Planet Earth from Top to Bottom

Here's an interesting look at the planet from top to bottom. Who will be the first to climb Everest AND visit the Marina Trench. Let the games begin...

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/images/stories/oap-landsea-oceans-100608-moderate.jpg
Read more : Planet Earth from Top to Bottom | Views : 4234 | Replies : 14

Newbie to Mountains...27 and just decided to fight the fear

Hi Guys,

My name is Emma. I am 27 and from UK.

I have just read 'Into Thin Air' and Bear Grylls Everest book. I have never ever been interested in mountains but just fancied the read when I was in waterstones looking for a good book. I adore walking as I dont drive but have never climbed in my life (although i did a mini hike up mount vesuvius in Italy 2 weeks ago). ...
Read more : Newbie to Mountains...27 and just decided to fight the fear | Views : 4220 | Replies : 20

"The mountains are not a gym"

I saw this posted recently (or something to the effect), and by others in the past. It seems to come from the belief that the mountains and surrounding wildernesses are a temple at which worship is to be offered. Or that it is a place to recharge the soul and appreciate God's creation. Why can't it be both, or all, at the same time? Are these places we go to so small that there is ...
Read more : "The mountains are not a gym" | Views : 21460 | Replies : 80

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434