It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Starting a Guide Service

My brother and I are wanting to start a company in WA together that during the beginning would advertise single pitch rock climbing trips (Vantage Leavenworth Exit 38, etc), backpacking and snowshoe tours. I’m pretty new to the idea of small business in the outdoor industry... I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on their thoughts what they think a successful company would have. Also insurance seems to be a big issue. ...
Read more : Starting a Guide Service | Views : 12705 | Replies : 8

indoor rock wall supervisor advice

Just looking for advice:

I applied for an indoor rock wall supervisor position and don't have any experience in the field. Monday I have a follow up interview with the company's GM.

It's a small wall, 40' tall and probably 12-15 ropes and only open in the evenings and weekends. They currently offer a few classes but families and birthday parties appear to be the majority of their clientele. Anybody have advice or point me ...
Read more : indoor rock wall supervisor advice | Views : 2086 | Replies : 4

Brainiac skier

The skier mentioned below thought his PLB was an avy beacon. I guess he and his partners never check each other's beacons before they head out. At least if he got caught in an avy he would be easy to find. There are so many ways to comment on the Darwin award behavior this guy exhibits, I don't even know where to start.

Rocky Mountain Rescue Group finds ignorant beacon owner who triggered false alarms ...
Read more : Brainiac skier | Views : 909 | Replies : 4

Beyond Gravity climbing film on hulu

Stream from the US only... Bleh, sounded interesting.
Read more : Beyond Gravity climbing film on hulu | Views : 2653 | Replies : 5

Backcountry Meals

So I just discovered couscous...Perfect for the wilderness. What do you guys eat out in the wilds? Share your recipes and tricks!
Read more : Backcountry Meals | Views : 7904 | Replies : 37

Didn't know where to put it...just felt like sharing!

Wolfie is 'bout to go squirrel huntin'. She(yes she) is my best li'l buddy!!

The Chief approves.
Read more : Didn't know where to put it...just felt like sharing! | Views : 2778 | Replies : 14

NY Times column & We die Alone

wow.

One of my favorite books (We Die Alone) ends up in one of my favorite NYT editorial columns (David Brooks).

ahhhh...The stars align.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/opinion/02brooks.html
Read more : NY Times column & We die Alone | Views : 5041 | Replies : 16

KING OF THE WORLD!

I was just thinking about climbing in general, and state highpointing in particular. And I was wondering about the appeal of highpointing.

One of the coolest things about climbing a mountain is the feelings you get when you stand on the top. You have mastered a mountain, a challenge, yourself... you stand above all you survey. You have conquered- you are king (or queen) of the world!

I just wonder if others feel this way... ...
Read more : KING OF THE WORLD! | Views : 6061 | Replies : 19

U tube dangerous hikes

Have these been posted before? Pretty wild places out there!

http://www.gadling.com/2010/02/25/7-of- ... -the-wo%2F
Read more : U tube dangerous hikes | Views : 7033 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420