It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:34 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Coffee Talk

What's your gear of choice for brewing coffee or espresso on the hill? Seems more ad's feature them these days. I've long done cowboy coffee, but, would like to see what exists for espresso making. Way off topic, but a part of climbing, no?
Read more : Coffee Talk | Views : 10372 | Replies : 63

DailyClimbingTips.com

Hey friends. I'm relatively new to SP (though I've been reading it for years). I'm a very avid rock and mountain climber and I've started a new site that gives me an outlet for all of my pent up climbing energy. It's geared toward rock climbing, though there will be mountaineering and hiking info there, too. Any questions or comments are welcome, as are any guest posts or TRs or whatever it is that you ...
Read more : DailyClimbingTips.com | Views : 1235 | Replies : 6

Have you ever experienced the "third man"?

I read an interesting article about a mysterious phenomenon that happens to solo climbers who are hurt, lost, or very tired. It invoves a human's capacity to conjure up a companion when one is most needed in a survival situation. T.S. Elliot wrote about it:

Who is the third who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road
There is ...
Read more : Have you ever experienced the "third man"? | Views : 5646 | Replies : 19

Article on Rock Climbing Photography

DPS (Digital Photography School) is featuring an article on photographing rock climbing. The article offers some thoughts on tackling photography in difficult situations and some links to a few great photo sites.

Here's the <a href=//digital-photography-school.com/rock-climbing-photography-tips-with-kamil-bialous > article. </a>

Enjoy :)
Read more : Article on Rock Climbing Photography | Views : 10738 | Replies : 15

boulder comps

How many people here compete in these? I'm doing my 2nd one Feb at the university of Akron. First was at the boulder gym owned by the guy who creates rock candy holds. Good times. Hopefully my shoes can survive til it. Finger is kinda beat up. Feels like some skin came off the nail so hopefully it gets better ASAP. I've improved a lot since I first started climbing. Stoked
Read more : boulder comps | Views : 1013 | Replies : 2

Ski Mountaineering/Canadian Rockies Fantastic Pics

I had trouble motivating myself to ski the Burstall pass area yet again given the low cloud and snow in Calgary but I needed to get out and do something so I joined up with a group of young friends on a last minute whim. The weather cleared up and was calmer than any time I have been there. Felt like we stole a day. Good little adventure with some great people. About 1000 m ...
Read more : Ski Mountaineering/Canadian Rockies Fantastic Pics | Views : 1699 | Replies : 1

Climbers or Batman

It randomly came to me how much climbers are like batman...

1. Can't wait to try out a new gadget.
2. Society doesn't know what to make of us.
3. Come back from a crusade tired and beaten up.
4. Look up and hear the calling.
5. No super powers but we pull off superhuman feats, while supported by the right gear.
6. Much better with a partner (What happened to Robin?)

I wish I ...
Read more : Climbers or Batman | Views : 3248 | Replies : 4

Cheating and climbing

So I was talking to a climbing buddy and told him that I had had pneumonia for 10 days and my doctor had me on an inhaler Albuterol, and when I went hiking my lungs felt so "open. once I was healed. " I said it was pretty funny how fast I went when on an inhaler. My doctor has since said I might have asthma, so that is another story. Anyway this buddy of ...
Read more : Cheating and climbing | Views : 5824 | Replies : 28

Patagonia -Poincenot

Michael Ybarra has written another outstanding climbing article for the Wall Street Journal. It's on page B17 of the January 20 ,2010 issue.
Read more : Patagonia -Poincenot | Views : 1302 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459