It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:56 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Source For General Mountain Range Facts And Figures?

I am technomoronman, so my web search could not answer my specific question. Before I ask that is there a good source where Mountains, Ranges, etc., are ranked by length, size/acreage, height, etc?

I found ample sources for mountain ranges by length. I know from JimmyJay's Absaroka Page that the Absaroka Range is the largest range in the Rockies. Does anyone know where the Absaroka would rank globaly ...
Read more : Source For General Mountain Range Facts And Figures? | Views : 1743 | Replies : 1

Start of an Islamic Renaisance?

Is Amr Khaled and other evengelists the start of a modernisation of Islam? Maybe, at least I hope so.

"Amr Khaled's unique brand of Muslim preaching has made him one of the most popular preachers in the world.

Such is his appeal, he was recently named the 13th most influential person in the world by Time Magazine.

In Cairo, his DVDs stand on the top shelves reserved for best sellers in the Virgin record store, ...
Read more : Start of an Islamic Renaisance? | Views : 1362 | Replies : 3

Irish bishop Donal Murray resigns over abuse report

"An Irish bishop has resigned, weeks after his handling of child sex abuse allegations was severely criticised.

A report on abuse by priests in the Dublin Archdiocese found Donal Murray's handling of one case while an auxiliary bishop in the 1980s was "inexcusable".

The Vatican said the Pope had accepted his resignation as bishop of Limerick. ....."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8417507.stm

If he knowingly protected criminals and, in other words, perverted the course of justice then he surely ...
Read more : Irish bishop Donal Murray resigns over abuse report | Views : 2247 | Replies : 9

Eagle Scout Project

Since my last project idea did not turn out (a wetlands improvement idea) due to some indifferent people, I need a new idea. I would really like to do my project in the mountains, because I love spending time in them.

I need some ideas. I turn 17 in two weeks, so I only have a year to finish this. Any ideas or advice from a previous Eagle Scout? I want to do something that ...
Read more : Eagle Scout Project | Views : 7140 | Replies : 28

Almost time to go home and crank up the Civ III !

Ottoman fuckers attacked me out of the blue last night, and just as I was in the middle of kicking their asses the goddamned Hittites attacked me too! WTF? Fucking Hittites!

The Hittites have a mutual protection pact with the Sumerians, the second largest power in the world, after me (we are the mighty Aztecs). Shit. So first thing I did was negotiate a mutual protection pact of my own with the Sumerians, and now ...
Read more : Almost time to go home and crank up the Civ III ! | Views : 2071 | Replies : 9

Merry Christmas

Merry Feckin' Christmas. Finshed University the day so its party time. 15 Pints of beer and a half bottle of Tonic Wine.... Then... Then only God himself knows.

So Merry Feckin' Christmas friends...
Read more : Merry Christmas | Views : 4242 | Replies : 19

Copenhagen Bombshell:Russia Accuses CRU of Data Manipulation

Source

On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.

The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory.

Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country's territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by ...
Read more : Copenhagen Bombshell:Russia Accuses CRU of Data Manipulation | Views : 4947 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557963 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136436