It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

do i need a visa?

i'll be there for 2 months, then i'll be home for christmas, then going back. tried to reach the consulate office in D.C. but nobody ever picks up the phone.
Read more : do i need a visa? | Views : 1717 | Replies : 3

Orizaba/Ixta guided trips

I'm thinking about signing up for a guided trip to Orizaba/Ixta in December. Anyone been on a trip with either Alaska Mountain Guides (AMG) or Orizaba Mountain Guides (OMG)? Thanks.
Read more : Orizaba/Ixta guided trips | Views : 3104 | Replies : 4

Orizaba

Has anyone had issues with travel safety between Mexico City and the mountain?

Also, would anyone familiar with the seasons there recommend climbing at the end of November? Thanks a bunch
Read more : Orizaba | Views : 5718 | Replies : 5

Climbers Defacing Cabo?

I have never been as ashamed (as a fellow member of the climbing community) with the action of another member of the climbing community as I was when I saw this. These are 7' off the sand on the most prominent boulder (of no climbing value) on one of the most visited beachs in Mexico.

The only reasonable explanation for why they'd even be anywhere near hear in this fashion would be test the corrosion ...
Read more : Climbers Defacing Cabo? | Views : 1494 | Replies : 0

Rip Tip Guides in Cabo

Going to Cabo. Anybody know how to get in touch with these guys?
Read more : Rip Tip Guides in Cabo | Views : 2303 | Replies : 1

Goin' To Costa Rica!

In less than 12 hours, I depart for Costa Rica, to stay with my uncle! Were gonna climb this baby while we are there:
It'll be rainy, on my first country highpoint! TR and pcis will come when I get back! :D :D :D
Read more : Goin' To Costa Rica! | Views : 4144 | Replies : 8

Attack/Robbery on Orizaba

I don't have all the details yet and some of these might not be 100% accurate (heard it from a friend who is a friend of the principals)...

On Sunday(?) two climbers (a husband and wife) from Littleton were attacked, shot with a shotgun, and robbed of all their gear and other possessions at their high camp on Orizaba.

The good news is that by playing dead, they survived and are recovering while still in ...
Read more : Attack/Robbery on Orizaba | Views : 2138 | Replies : 3

Caribbean Peaks Page

Joint effort. Page now complete. Feel free to comment.

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/170902/Caribbean-Island-Peaks.html
Read more : Caribbean Peaks Page | Views : 1687 | Replies : 0

Costa Rica

I'm leaving for Costa Rica this Saturday, any last minute tips or reccomendations? Thanks
Read more : Costa Rica | Views : 2755 | Replies : 1

weather on Mex. volcanoes

Hi,
It's no problem to climb Izta in April, just some posibility of bad weather (it is not a rain season still in Mexico), hot climate during the climbing. But Orizaba, the glacier is not in a very good conditions ( more icy each day) so in April it may be worst. If yu are a realy good in carmpoing bad ice, so you can go orizaba without problem. If not- think.
write me if ...
Read more : weather on Mex. volcanoes | Views : 1557 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136425