It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:56 pm

News News of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Site map of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes) » Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas SPMW! You guys are great!
Read more : Merry Christmas! | Views : 2924 | Replies : 14

Mt Washington, Jan 9

Just thought I'd toss this out there. Some friends ad I are heading out and up for a one-day ascent, likely via the Lions Head. There isn't really any more room in the car for the trip out, but anyone with some experience is welcome to follow along for the climbing part.
Read more : Mt Washington, Jan 9 | Views : 3401 | Replies : 7

new climber

Last summer I climbed Mount Hood last summer and now, seeing as there aren't many mountains in Wisconsin, would like to get into ice climbing. I was wondering if there were any experienced climbers out there in Wisconsin with any suggestions on how to get started around here. Good wisconsin ice climbing spots to start out? Ultimately i'd like to find someone who'd like to take a newbie out, but any info will help. thanks!
Read more : new climber | Views : 1401 | Replies : 1

Winter storm

The first storm of the season is approaching Northern Illinois. We're expecting 6-10 inches by tomorrow night. :shock:
Read more : Winter storm | Views : 11787 | Replies : 31

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all on SPMW! Enjoy it guys.
Read more : Happy Thanksgiving | Views : 1561 | Replies : 3

Winter ascent of Eagle Mountain

I'm planning to do a winter ascent of Eagle Mtn sometime after the holidays, perhaps in February. I'd love to have some company.

This should be a relatively quick trip. It's just a day hike and can be done over a 2 or 3 day weekend depending on where you are coming from.

I'll post updates/reminders every once in a while as we get closer. If anyone else is interested, just give shout. It'd be ...
Read more : Winter ascent of Eagle Mountain | Views : 11344 | Replies : 42

I climbs. I climbs up high. You wants climb?

Went down to Warrenville on Sunday. Spent the afternoon climbing with drjohnso and one of his friends. They were really great and took time to belay me up the easier stuff. Thanks for letting me tag along, I had a blast.

I think we should do an SP Midwest gym climbing day. It adds a little more flexibility for those with tight schedules. I know this would effectively limit it to the Chicago-area people, but ...
Read more : I climbs. I climbs up high. You wants climb? | Views : 5867 | Replies : 23

Winter climbing Partner in WI/MI

Hey, if anyone is interested in joining me one or two weekends this winter in WI or the UP for some ice climbing please let me know. I'm looking to improve my lead climbing skills and hoping to find an experienced alpinist who would care to join me. Thanks Graham.
Read more : Winter climbing Partner in WI/MI | Views : 8692 | Replies : 1

Monday nights in Cincinnati..

There's getting to be a regular get-together at Rock Quest in Cincinnati on Monday Nights, 8-10pm. Thought I'd post here for the bored. :)
Read more : Monday nights in Cincinnati.. | Views : 1504 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558002 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528