It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 pm

News News of Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Site map of Mountain Medicine & Rescue » Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Discussion of medical or rescue topics related to climbing and mountaineering.

Colorado Climber Missing on Mt. Elbrus

You can donate to support search efforts at the link below - even a few dollars will help the family cover costs to try to find him. Please consider sharing this link to spread the word.

http://www.coloradopolicefoundation.org ... for-steven

There is also a Facebook group you can join and share called Search for Steven at https://www.facebook.com/groups/245085129311718/

Steven Scott Beare is a Colorado police ...
Read more : Colorado Climber Missing on Mt. Elbrus | Views : 4526 | Replies : 1

Medical and Rescue Insurance in one

Hey folks,

I am a few months away from embarking on a year-long climbing adventure and I need to lock down some solid medical and rescue insurance. Money isn't a huge issue, but I was hoping there was a company that would combine the two insurance types to save me some cash. Does anyone know which insurance companies bundle these two insurance types and who has the best coverage? I will be leaving my job ...
Read more : Medical and Rescue Insurance in one | Views : 7935 | Replies : 8

Drop in oxygen level & mountain sickness at 11,000 ft

I recently went for Hampta Pass trek. The trek was well organized and we did acclimatize for a day and started the trek next day.

Initial two days of trek went quite well. On 3rd day of trekking, I started feeling breathlessness, fatigue and shivering by the time we reached next camp. At night, I was found breathing heavily, and my oxygen level was found to be around 32%. This was a serious condition as ...
Read more : Drop in oxygen level & mountain sickness at 11,000 ft | Views : 21950 | Replies : 8

Best cure for athletes foot.

Hi, I have been battling with athletes foot for a long time now and am seeking the best treatment for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Read more : Best cure for athletes foot. | Views : 11522 | Replies : 7

Blood donations and altitude

So I was just curious who here has made the mistake of going up too high after donating some blood. I donated for the first time on Friday morning and like an idiot ignored the warning of no strenuous activity for 24 hours. I hiked from about 6500' to 8000' on Saturday morning. I was planning on spending 2 nights there. Thankfully my girlfriend recognized the signs of altitude sickness and made me walk my ...
Read more : Blood donations and altitude | Views : 13777 | Replies : 1

Brain damage in high altitude?

Hi!

This is my first post here. I was not able to find much conversation related to this issue so I decided to do a new post.

I am about to begin mountaineering next year and my goal is to summit Mont Blanc after some years of training in Norway first. As I have been reading a lot about mountaineering I came across a research that might be familiar to many of You.

Here is ...
Read more : Brain damage in high altitude? | Views : 13396 | Replies : 6

Preventing frostbite Preventing frostbite

Hi guys. I'm not a climber. However, I dreamed of climbing when I was much younger. My area of expertise is heat transfer. I've seen quite a few climbers on TV who were missing fingers and/or toes. An idea popped into my head which you all probably know about already. But I have to mention it. If you're in danger of losing your fingers, pull your arms out of your coat sleeves and hold them ...
Read more : Preventing frostbite | Views : 8822 | Replies : 6

Ice Cave Collapse

In Washington State an easily accessible hiking destination was the area of collapse snow/ice cave tragedy. Luckily more people were involved.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/danger ... ailsignout
Read more : Ice Cave Collapse | Views : 6047 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136410