It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:19 am

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Current Tetons Conditions

Anyone been up and into the Tetons recently? Curious for some firsthand info on the snow stability and ice conditions up there. Also, anyone been up the Ford/Stettner/Chevy couloirs on the Grand in wintry conditions? I have some time available and have been looking at that route, would like to tick it off my list this spring.
Read more : Current Tetons Conditions | Views : 762 | Replies : 0

Another one bites the dust

and another one gone, and another one gone

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04 ... ciers.html
Read more : Another one bites the dust | Views : 2280 | Replies : 10

Heading to Glacier

I'm leaving in about 3-4 weeks for 14 days to Glacier, i'm planning on backpacking and or climbing for 2 days out in Essex, MT. I will be working so I know I won't be looking for a death march or anything super technical because my job takes a lot of my energy. I want to find some peaks close to Essex worth doing, I will have a partner with me and both are more ...
Read more : Heading to Glacier | Views : 2943 | Replies : 8

Lake Fork/ Silver Falls/ Lost Lake area conditions

Anyone been up to the Lake fork trailhead lately? Wondering if the trail is walk able or if I will need to pack skis/ snowshoes……I know Silver Falls gets alot of traffic but I'm not sure after that.
Read more : Lake Fork/ Silver Falls/ Lost Lake area conditions | Views : 2066 | Replies : 1

Boise help requested

I'm coming in to Boise (spur of the moment) on April 22nd and have both Friday and Saturday wide open. I've never been to Boise so I'm wondering what's a guy and girl to do? We would like to get a couple day hikes/climbs in and we don't need to stay right in Boise. In case Martha is lurking I will also be doing my own research but you can't beat the inside info. ...
Read more : Boise help requested | Views : 3580 | Replies : 10

wind rivers

If you can do a two hour drive from Jackson I would really recomend the wind rivers. Green river lake, is an entry to the north winds, and the senery is as good as it gets in Wyoming. Go in a few miles, and you will not see another person. Fishing, and peak bagging heaven!
Read more : wind rivers | Views : 1944 | Replies : 1

Static Peak?

Bob Sihler was giving me some suggestions for a day-hike in the Tetons NP. I was leaning toward Amphitheater Lake and then some scrambling above it. He suggested either Paintbrush or Static Peak.

Here's the thing:

I have no technical climbing skills. I probably need to keep the scrambling at around Class III. I'm a pretty strong hiker, but I don't want to push too hard with too many miles in a day that will ...
Read more : Static Peak? | Views : 3486 | Replies : 11

Going to Missoula

I'll be in Missoula next week if anyone wants to meet a fat, ugly SP trouble maker. Send me a PM.
Read more : Going to Missoula | Views : 2860 | Replies : 13

gros ventre vs. grand teton

I had an earlier post about hiking GNP, but now looks like plans may move south. have a buddy who wants to go to jackson hole in late july. Ive been to town, but never hiked backcountry. does anyone have comments about a week of backpacking/hiking in either the GV or Teton NP? both look good with TNP a little better to me. the ridge trail of about 40 miles sounds good (4-5 nights). we ...
Read more : gros ventre vs. grand teton | Views : 5201 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558020 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136595