It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:51 pm

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Rancho Deluxe

Has anyone ever seen this movie? I watched for the first time in a long time and realized that the title track in Jimmy Buffett's soundtrack was about the Crazy Mountains. Go figure.
Read more : Rancho Deluxe | Views : 1529 | Replies : 2

Snow around Mystic Lake (Beartooths)

Has anyone been around the Mystic Lake area recently? Looking for information on how much snow has accumulated and if I should pack snowshoes for a hike there this weekend.
Thanks!
Read more : Snow around Mystic Lake (Beartooths) | Views : 2348 | Replies : 1

Snow Conditions in Late November in Wyoming

Are snow conditions stable enough in late November in Teton/Yellowstome/Windriver areas for snow couloir and general snow climbing? I am thinking about going up there from Houston during the thanksgiving week. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
Read more : Snow Conditions in Late November in Wyoming | Views : 1802 | Replies : 3

Id/Mont suggestions

Am considering a trip to above next year, August time frame. Am a highpoint opportunist so wouldn't mind Borah and Granite. From what I've read neither looks to have any overnight trip possibilities. Anybody got any ideas on obtaining info on general areas so I can go digging for specifics? Am experienced, most recent a 6 day 75 mile hike with 2 of my bro's in Sequoia/Kings Canyon; one of whom I will never hike ...
Read more : Id/Mont suggestions | Views : 2972 | Replies : 12

Devil's Tower

Anyone climbed Devil's Tower? I am interested in what is the best time of year. I like cooler weather and try to avoid extreme heat, but I noticed on the website of the guide service that they have already had their first snow. I am a novice rock climber, but I assume climbing in the snow is not a great idea. Thoughts on the best time to go?
Read more : Devil's Tower | Views : 2300 | Replies : 5

Bozeman, MT

I'm going to be in Bozeman on Nov 1 and am hoping to go for a hike in the area. I'm going to be traveling and will have some valuable things with me (ie laptop, camera gear) and I don't want to leave them in my car while I'm hiking. Any ideas on where I can store my stuff while I'm hiking where it will be safe?
Thanks
Read more : Bozeman, MT | Views : 3943 | Replies : 6

Cabinet Mountains - One Day, Four Peaks

This is quite an accomplishment:
http://www.libbymt.com/news/2009/09/OneDayFourPeaks.htm

What would be the best way to incorporate this article with the Cabinet Mountains page here on SummitPost? Link to it? Mention it on the page? Just post in in this forum and forget it?
Read more : Cabinet Mountains - One Day, Four Peaks | Views : 1701 | Replies : 0

FOUND: Ice Axe in Sawtooths

Somewhere near Snowyside. PM me with details and description if you think it's yours.
Read more : FOUND: Ice Axe in Sawtooths | Views : 1307 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557990 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504