It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:20 am

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Easiest Route Up Grand Teton?

What is the easiest route up Grand Teton and can it be done safely with no experience and no equipment?
Read more : Easiest Route Up Grand Teton? | Views : 6691 | Replies : 5

Fossil Mountain Idaho/Wyoming

I have been searching for information on this one and thought there was a page on it. does anyone know if it was deleated or am I just looking under the wrong name for the peak. any help appreciated. Thanks.

Mike
Read more : Fossil Mountain Idaho/Wyoming | Views : 3560 | Replies : 4

The tallest climbing party, ever?

I, my brother, and my friend will be climbing Grand Teton this summer. We measure 6'7", 6'8", and 6'10" respectively. Has there been a climbing party of three with a taller average height to summit the mountain?
Read more : The tallest climbing party, ever? | Views : 2114 | Replies : 6

Granite Peak article

There's a September article about historic accidents and rescues on Granite Peak in the Helena Independent Record.
Read more : Granite Peak article | Views : 3037 | Replies : 1

idaho's greatest local relief?

i was stumbling around some peaks in late august north of yellow pine and noticed on my map that Patrick Butte from the main salmon river is 7014' up!. thats surely the greatest local relief in the salmon country. and i seem to remember that blacks mtn lookut from the NF Cleawater (Mallard-Larkins Raodless Area) is also a hug rise. whats bigger? Dry Diggins Lookuot from the Snake? i'm thinking to try Patrick Butee from ...
Read more : idaho's greatest local relief? | Views : 2859 | Replies : 6

Borah peak mid october conditions?

I realize it will be cold. Would the NF be in shape. Is there much snow this time of year.

Thanks
Read more : Borah peak mid october conditions? | Views : 3096 | Replies : 1

Yellowstone, Grand Teton Info?

I'm cruising through Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in a few days. Can anybody suggest some areas that I absolutely shouldn't miss? Any good summit hikes? I am limited due to an injury(damaged M.C.L.) but would like to at least hit the South Teton. Any recommendations?
Read more : Yellowstone, Grand Teton Info? | Views : 4268 | Replies : 9

Decent winter route on the Grand

Hello, I´m a foreigner living in CO, and I looking forward to escape to the Tetons this winter. Still unfamiliarized with the routes and before I buy several books... can anyone recommend a decent winter route with exciting technical challenges?
Thanksyou.
Read more : Decent winter route on the Grand | Views : 3692 | Replies : 6

Wind River Range / Fremont Peak

Just returned from the Winds. What a spectacular area. Camped first at Island Lake, then Indian Basin for 3 days. Climbed Fremont on an unbelievably calm, clear day with Craig H. (AT, PCT, and aspiring CDT thruhiker, who proved to be the perfect companion for this terrific scramble.) While I ran into many people while approaching and camping at Island Lake, I saw just 3 people in 3 days at Indian Basin and above.

web ...
Read more : Wind River Range / Fremont Peak | Views : 4510 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499