It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:16 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Mt Baker

Anyone been up Baker yet in 2016? wondering how close to trail head you can get to.
Read more : Mt Baker | Views : 3466 | Replies : 1

Anyone interested in Rainier for mid May?

Hey Guys,

New to Summit Post, but avid climber. I've done several of the summits in the cascades and really all over the states. One, that I haven't bagged though, is Rainier.

I will be out in Seattle for work on May 11-13th and had hoped to attempt Rainier the following weekend: drive to Paradise Friday evening or Saturday morning, hike to base camp, take off early Sunday morning and back down for a flight ...
Read more : Anyone interested in Rainier for mid May? | Views : 4401 | Replies : 8

Avalanche Awareness

I live on the east coast and the second week of May, me and some friends were looking to head to Mt Adams for the South Spur climb. I've been checking the northwest avalanche reports, but overall I'm trying to do some research to make myself more aware of warning signs and hazards to look out for. What are some typical hazards/signs to look out for on the south spur route. As long as were ...
Read more : Avalanche Awareness | Views : 2759 | Replies : 0

Mt Adams South Spur Route

I live on the east coast, but I'm looking to head out to climb Mt Adams, the south spur route, either the last week of April, or first week in May with some friends. The ranger station has been helpful so far, but I'm just looking for anyone, that's been on the mountain recently, or has some experiences on climbing Adams in early season. I know that we have to snowshoe our way on the ...
Read more : Mt Adams South Spur Route | Views : 5564 | Replies : 3

RMI vs Alpine Ascents

Hi I'm Matt,I am new to climbing and my dream is to climb the the seven summits. I am a cross country runner and I am used to running 6 miles daily. I know I have to start off small, my plan is to start with Rainier and finish with Everest. But I am having trouble finding a guide to climb with. I am deciding between RMI and Alpine Ascents. I have read good things ...
Read more : RMI vs Alpine Ascents | Views : 25984 | Replies : 16

Eightmile Area Suggestions

I will be at the Eightmile Campground for 5 nights at the end of August. I already have some hikes firmed up, but was looking for some suggestions from those who know the area much better than myself. I will be hiking with my son and his friends for 2 or 3 days and plan on using those to get to the core Enchantment zone one time (most likely Little Annapurna) and probably either Eightmile ...
Read more : Eightmile Area Suggestions | Views : 3882 | Replies : 7

Good high elevation climb for 1st timers - WA

Hello all, I am a newbie to Summitpost. I am a hiking/climbing enthusiast, yet still haven't done anything very technical yet. I live in Atlanta, GA area, so not much in the way of "real" mountains down here, but some great places for very challenging rock scrambling. However, it is WAY better than what I had to deal with when living in the Chicago area.
Anyway, I'm planning a mountain climb in late May/early June ...
Read more : Good high elevation climb for 1st timers - WA | Views : 3245 | Replies : 2

mount hood

I don't want to spend one day on the mountain. That wouldn't be enough for me to take in the scenery. So route suggestions would be appreciated. Necessary skills would also be welcomed. It's not my dream mountain, but I'm going to take your advice and try a mountain that's not going to try and kill me every time I step. It will also tell me whether or not I'm suited for mountaineering. I'm going ...
Read more : mount hood | Views : 4447 | Replies : 8

first alpine climb

I'm hoping to make my first alpine climb next year. I'm hoping for Rainier. Preferably without having to deal with rain (early or late season). I've been looking at great lists on the guide sites and I was wondering if I can skip out on some of the things they list there or if it may be less expensive to find some people to go with.
Read more : first alpine climb | Views : 10957 | Replies : 13

Mt. Olympus Climbing partner for March 11-14th

Hey everyone.
I've been planning a trip to try and do a later winter ascent of Mt. Olympus for March 11th-14th, and have had all of my friends/partners bail on me. As I'd still be super stoked to try and make this happen, is there anyone out there that would be willing to join me to try summit with me this weekend? I have all mountaineering, and ice climbing gear (if summit as rime ice), ...
Read more : Mt. Olympus Climbing partner for March 11-14th | Views : 3460 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595