It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 12:47 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Volcanism around Mt Daniel

Call it a hunch, but was there once a large volcano around the Mt Daniel area that has since decomposed into the present massif?
Read more : Volcanism around Mt Daniel | Views : 6441 | Replies : 9

St Helens - snowshoes needed?

Hi all -
I've been up St Helens in the summer and was wondering if the current conditions warranted snowshoes or boots with crampons would suffice. Any other tips would be appreciated.
Cheers
Read more : St Helens - snowshoes needed? | Views : 2375 | Replies : 6

Sunshine rte, Mt Hood, Mid-May

Ok, I had previously asked about Mt Adams in mid-may, now Ive turned my focus on Mt Hood's Sunshine route.
Im just looking for information and opinions on the route. Any concerns? Where to camp/stay? etc. :?
Im taking 2-3 others with me.
thanks in advance
-Brandon
Read more : Sunshine rte, Mt Hood, Mid-May | Views : 2374 | Replies : 12

What's Broken Top like in March?

What can I expect for the conditions? How does broken top compare to South Sister in terms of level of difficulty for late Winter / early spring?
Read more : What's Broken Top like in March? | Views : 1530 | Replies : 1

Mountaineering class....please help!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, and new to mountaineering. I am sorry if this question has been asked before and comented on, I did a search but couldn't find anything. I am wanting to start mountaineering this year with plans to shoot for Hood, Rainier, and some others maybe. I have been in the gym religiously for the last 8 years and concentrating on cardio and legs as well as hiking every ...
Read more : Mountaineering class....please help!!!!!!! | Views : 6740 | Replies : 14

Redpoint at Smith

So is he done or what? We see his site down. I know he was robbed and all the details....just curious what the update is if there is any. Thanks.
Read more : Redpoint at Smith | Views : 979 | Replies : 4

Some questions about Rainier

As you may have noticed from my other thread, I am planning to climb Rainier this summer.

I did have a question to those who have done either the emmons route from camp shurman or the Ingarahm from Muir. Any areas that would definitely need use of running pro?
Read more : Some questions about Rainier | Views : 3169 | Replies : 8

St Helens

I am thinking about using St Helens to acclimate before a summit attemp of Mt Hood 4 days later. Is it typical to have access to climbers bivouac without 4 wheel drive the 2nd week of May? I made it to the Hogsback last May and again got headache, nausia :oops: . Four days later I was at Camp Muir on Rainier and no headache or nausia. ...
Read more : St Helens | Views : 3558 | Replies : 10

Oregon Field Guide

I am sure a few people on here enjoy Oregon Field Guide as much or more than I do. I found that the OPB site now allows you to watch nearly every every segment they have aired for free, and there is no shortage of great episodes.

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/

I've created HTML links to all the stuff thats relevant to SE Oregon on the bottom of my area & range ...
Read more : Oregon Field Guide | Views : 1909 | Replies : 2

looking for people to climb Mt. Rainier with

Hi, I am obviously new to this forum. I would like to climb Mt. Rainer in Late June/early July this coming summer. Problem is, I don't know anyone who can climb with me at this time.

I have climbed Denali guided with AMS and have taken a 6 day MTN course with AMS prior to climbing Denali.
so,
2008, 6 day course on the Kahiltna Glacier up near the higher base camp

2009, climbed Denali. ...
Read more : looking for people to climb Mt. Rainier with | Views : 4711 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555