It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 pm

News News of Page Help

Site map of Page Help » Forum : Page Help

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.

Trouble deleting a pic..

I'm having a fair amount of trouble deleting my most recent pic.

I have clicked on the "delete function" several times, and no dice.

It hangs on like a sparrow in a snowstorm. Stubborn critter.. any suggestions ???
Read more : Trouble deleting a pic.. | Views : 2459 | Replies : 4

Glitch

On the U.S. Highpoints page of which I am an editor, there is small glitch.
While we put a Katahdin photo in the Northeast section, it falls back into the West section above it.
If I delete the photo, the second photo in the Northeast section falls back into the West section.

How do we fix this glitch?
Read more : Glitch | Views : 1224 | Replies : 1

Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo)

So I keep trying to upload a megacomposite photo I made showing some routes on Bear Creek Spire. Every time I try to upload the photo, the upload screen uploads for awhile, then directs me to a blank page (except for the SP header & footer). I keep trying to upload this particular photo with no success.

Any thoughts?

Specs are: 4881x 5676 (9.56 MB)

If the problem is one of image size, I wonder ...
Read more : Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo) | Views : 3860 | Replies : 3

"medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports

I was going back to clean up a couple old trip reports (Matt's recent changes make a world of difference in pulling up pages with lots of pictures quickly), and noticed that for vertical photos specified as "medium" using simple HTML code, those pictures now appear smaller than they did before. Before, all "medium" photos would have the same width, and on a 1280 resolution width monitor, you could place two of these pictures side-by-side ...
Read more : "medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports | Views : 2948 | Replies : 5

First Mountain Page / Lack of Coast Mountains Info?

Unfortunately I acted like a newbie and posted a mountain page much too early and thus was made public for a few weeks with barely any information in it.
Well I finally got around to putting all the finishing touches on it and, considering this is my first mountain page, I would love to get some feedback as to how it can be improved!

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=655974

On a ...
Read more : First Mountain Page / Lack of Coast Mountains Info? | Views : 1759 | Replies : 2

requesting feedback on first mountain page

just completed my first mountain page. Do I have to do anything to declare/make it officially complete?

requesting feedback on the page, criticisms, standards issues, etc.

thanks.

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/662528/russian-butte.html

One thing I learned it that I should start the page out as a custom object so it doesn't show up on radar till I'm ready... oh well. next time.
Read more : requesting feedback on first mountain page | Views : 2827 | Replies : 6

how to send HTML samples via PM

is this a dumb question?

I try to send sample HTML to someone via PM and the HTML gets interpreted.
I try putting it inside <pre>...</pre> and it still gets interpretted.

is there a way?
thanks
Read more : how to send HTML samples via PM | Views : 4597 | Replies : 5

Adopted/Adopting a Page?

If you have adopted a page, reworked it, and would like low votes and negative comments from before your ownership removed, please make such requests here.

Do you want to adopt a poor or abandoned page?

First, email the owner. If you get no response within two weeks, please PM me or use this thread to contact the staff.

If the owner has been active recently, a staff member may make one last attempt to ...
Read more : Adopted/Adopting a Page? | Views : 76642 | Replies : 73

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434