It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:26 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Gannet Peak, Wy. 2023 climbing partners

Last year I took an expedition up Disappointment Peak in Tetons. Yet, still looking to climb Gannet Peak , Wy. in 2023 .
Looking for experienced climber or climbers to tackle ?
call or write
Garbear 952-500-1754
garystevens@comcast.net
Read more : Gannet Peak, Wy. 2023 climbing partners | Views : 1428 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Aconcagua post by Laku

This post seems to be simply an attack on a commercial guide service. The complaint is filled with grammatical errors, which leads me to believe that the poster uses English as a 2nd language. Yet one of their complaints about the guides is their lack of English usage.
Read more : Aconcagua post by Laku | Views : 1539 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Bad Submissions

What happened to the skiing?

It's been a couple years since I've been active on this site and I have a couple questions :?: :
-When did this come a climbing board?
-Where did the backcountry skiing forums go?
Read more : What happened to the skiing? | Views : 1579 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

FS: Scarpa Gea 24.5 Like New

Rookie mistake. Bought Mrs Roxtar boots without doing a proper shell fit. Take advantage of my screwup.
Used for one short season. Intuition liners haven't even been cooked. Scarpa footbeds literally never walked on.
Even still have the orig box.
Just paid $750 to replace them with smaller size.

Yours for $350 + shipping.

$matches

$matches

$matches

$matches

Read more : FS: Scarpa Gea 24.5 Like New | Views : 807 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Depot Creek Depot Creek

Has anyone been lately? I have traveled up there several times years ago, last time was probably a decade ago, not sure. I'm wondering if it still feels safe from legal entanglements crossing the border. There is no legal way to make the crossing into the US. But it is so remote and so heavily wooded that I never had any concerns back then, I found it impossible to imagine enforcement agents sitting for days ...
Read more : Depot Creek | Views : 1062 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

PM the Elves

a. Where do I find "PM The Elves"
b. Why does the system only allow 30 days in January for birthdates?
Read more : PM the Elves | Views : 1201 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Gannett Peak, WY - Summer ascent Glacier Trail

I'm looking for climbing partners interested in a 2023 summer climb (July-August) of Gannett Peak via the Glacier Trail route.

Cheers,
Dan
Read more : Gannett Peak, WY - Summer ascent Glacier Trail | Views : 3911 | Replies : 3 | Forum : US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost

SP member Antonio Giani communicates that Osvaldo Cardellina's family is of the favorable opinion that it will be Antonio Giani himself to take care of the pages "Mountains & Rocks", "Areas & Ranges" and "Routes" of the friend "Osva", mountain companion, died on 02 May 2022. The necessary updates will be made by Antonio Giani, administrator and now Owner of the pages, as previously agreed with Osvaldo's family. All the links of the pages in ...
Read more : Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost | Views : 1577 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Gannett Peak March 7th

I'm heading out to Gannett peak on March 7th looking for someone to join. Going in from Elkhart park.
Read more : Gannett Peak March 7th | Views : 990 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Alternatives to Mont Blanc for a physical challenge?

Hi all,

Recently joined the site, apologies if the topic is covered elsewhere...

Question:
Do you know of some accessible mountains that offer a similar physical challenge to Mont Blanc, but require less technical expertise? I really want a physical challenge to train towards this year...

Context:
- 30yr old male, reasonably fit and athletic
- Not so much of a background in endurance, but I've always managed to get myself up a mountain
Read more : Alternatives to Mont Blanc for a physical challenge? | Views : 1832 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574