It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:10 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

What to wear on Aconcagua?

I'm just wondering if anybody can share what they wore climbing Aconcagua? Head to toe. Thanks
Read more : What to wear on Aconcagua? | Views : 1129 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Food Costs in Chile

I'm planing a expedition to Ojos Del Salado and maybe some other peaks. (Which I'm looking for partners in March) I was wondering about the cost of food and what's available in Chile and Argentina. I'll be buying certain things before I go. I'm just wondering about day to day?
Read more : Food Costs in Chile | Views : 1629 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Missing Trekker, en route to Everest Base camp, please help!

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would try anyway...

My friend, Julian Wayne (known as Jules to many), has been missing for over a month now after splitting up from his hiking partner en route to Everest Base Camp. Jules has very little outdoors experience and it appears that his family (and myself) are fearing the worst.

Here is an article from Mounteverst.net:

(MountEverest.net) English Julian Wynne, 32, has gone ...
Read more : Missing Trekker, en route to Everest Base camp, please help! | Views : 1387 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia

Elbrus 2009

Anyone interested in climbing Elbrus this August?????......get in touch with me. I am looking forward to climbing with people from every corner of the globe just for something different. Standard route...nice and easy(well....kind of:-) )
Read more : Elbrus 2009 | Views : 18164 | Replies : 95 | Forum : Europe

Help me plan my spring break in Australia.

So I'm looking forward to spend a week in Asutralia, i will use two days for climbing Kosciuszko and 5 days to tour around Sydney. How do you guys recommend me to climb Kosciuszko? If guided and sightseeing, which company is the best? Also what are some of the most popular attractions in Sydney or surrounding area?
Read more : Help me plan my spring break in Australia. | Views : 8229 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Some NZ mountaineering pics - Jan-Feb '09

Just some pics of 2 weeks spent in NZ.

1st week based at Kelman Hut and when weather allowed played on Hoschetter Dome and Mt Alymer

2nd week based at Pioneer Hut. Attempted Mt Tasman. We turned around due to lack of efficiency on what was for me extremely icy slopes. Lesson learnt, more time needed crampon-ing on >45 deg ice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radson/sets/72157613321647122/
Read more : Some NZ mountaineering pics - Jan-Feb '09 | Views : 2767 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Possible missing US person on Aconcagua

A friend recieved a distressed satellite call from Aconcagua from Jennifer (JJ) Fielding on Monday Feb 2nd. I know that she was with a single guide but I do not know what route she is on. When she called she was at 18,000 ft and had become separated from her guide and a storm was moving in. The batteries on her satellite phone were possibly dying. Does anyone have any information?
Read more : Possible missing US person on Aconcagua | Views : 1158 | Replies : 3 | Forum : South America

Deo Tibba- Himachal Pradesh info?

Hi there,
Wondering if anybody has climbed Deo Tibba in the Himachal Pradesh region of India before?

Or just if anyone has any info which would be of use?

I am looking to get over there in September and trying to get as much information as possible on the peak itself!

Thanks in advance

Allan
Read more : Deo Tibba- Himachal Pradesh info? | Views : 2428 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Asia

deel een permit voor de Muztagh Ata (7541m)

Wie wil er met ons een permit delen voor de Muztagh Ata? De berg ligt in het Zuid-Westen van China. Wij vertrekken op 26 juli en komen terug op 26 augustus. Je mag 3 à 4 dagen tellen van het vliegveld van Bishkek tot BC van de Muztagh Ata.
Wij zijn met 2 en er kunnen tot 12 mensen op 1 permit. Heb je zin om ons te vergezellen of wil je gewoon een permit ...
Read more : deel een permit voor de Muztagh Ata (7541m) | Views : 963 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia

Ice climbing Japan

anyone know much about ice climbing/winter climbing in Japan?

thinking about end of this year maybe

this is what i've found on google so far
http://www.planetmountain.com/english/N ... eyid=36111
http://www.bdel.com/scene/wtf/wtf_erber.html
http://www.highlandguides.com/Japan.htm
Read more : Ice climbing Japan | Views : 2672 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557966 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443