It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:22 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

MESSAGE BOARDS OF MEXICO

Here is a collection of Message boards of Mexico, including this board. Do any of you have a board that you would like to add?
http://www.bajasundog.com/Message.html
Read more : MESSAGE BOARDS OF MEXICO | Views : 1563 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

mid-March Orizaba conditions

Looking for any info on what the weather and galcier conditions (Jamapa) are historically like in mid-March. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

J
Read more : mid-March Orizaba conditions | Views : 2446 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Orizaba Trip Jan 15-18

We are leaving from Colorado, USA to attempt the Jampa Glacier route on Jan 14. Our first possible summit attempt will be on Jan 16, with the 17th & 18th as backup days. If anybody has any route condition information to share as we close on those dates, that would be appreciated. It sounds like things were a bit dicey toward the end of Dec. Also if anybody is making an attempt those days and ...
Read more : Orizaba Trip Jan 15-18 | Views : 2931 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Any Iztaccihuatl access restrictions?

Does anybody now if there are any restrictions on the Izta access because of the recent Popocatepetl activity?
Read more : Any Iztaccihuatl access restrictions? | Views : 4886 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Re: Popocate'petl pics?

Hi Pearson

Here in Mexico exists CENAPRED, it stands for Centro Nacional de Prevención de Desastres which would be similar to FEMA in The States, I guess.

Cenapred's website has a page where every day a Popo's image is uploaded in order to see how is going Popo's activity.

You can find there how Popo looks like right now. Those images are far from good-quality ones but those who dont live here in Mexico City ...
Read more : Re: Popocate'petl pics? | Views : 1931 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Saludos, busco a David Najera (ñoño)

Hola amigos de mexico busco al gran escalador y buen amigo David Najera, si alguien le conoce les agradecere la informacion Atentamente Emilio Garcia (alpinero)
emiliogarciacervantes@yahoo.com
Read more : Saludos, busco a David Najera (ñoño) | Views : 1494 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Absolute minimal gear for Orizaba and Ixta

I will be traveling from Guatemala around Jan9-19 hopefully doing two volcanos in Western Guatemala (Tajumulco and Tacana) Then going to Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl. I will be carrying all my gear along the way and want to minimize weight while having everything I need to be safe. Can anyone who is used to fast and light ascents let me know what the minimum I might need for these two Volcanos might be assuming reasonably normal ...
Read more : Absolute minimal gear for Orizaba and Ixta | Views : 4022 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Nevado de Colima trip in January

I've got an impromptu trip down to Puerto Vallarta for New Years.

I'm thinking of going up N. Colima since it is so close. Anyone else going to be around there? Any advice?

I'm not sure about the exact dates - possibly a New Years climb, if not then within the first 2 weeks of January.

Thanks,
G
Read more : Nevado de Colima trip in January | Views : 2018 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Waypoints to Pico Orizaba north face trail

Can anyone share your waypoints to Pico de Orizaba summit???
From Piedra Grande to the summit by the glacier on the north face trail?
Some friends an I are planning to go up there by January 11-15,2006.
we will appreciate the info!
Read more : Waypoints to Pico Orizaba north face trail | Views : 1694 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Re: Outdoor gear in Mexico

In DF you could try:

Rubens (in the centre)
Vertimania (in Mixcoac - south of the centre)
Campaventura (in Coyoacan)

In Valle de Bravo (a good rnr stop after Nevada de Toluca) theres a neat little shop owned by some guy who climbed Everest (if he´s off guiding and his Ma´s looking after the store she´ll probably proudly show you the photos!)
Read more : Re: Outdoor gear in Mexico | Views : 14076 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471