It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Mount Minsi AT Delaware River Crossing

Can anyone say if there is a toll for foot travel in either direction across the Delaware River on the foot path/ sidewalk which is used for the Appalachian Trail and I would like to use to access Mount Minsi on the Pennsylvania Side of the river, from a parking area in New Jersey?

Thank you.

Wheeler Peak closure

The Carson National Forest will close the Wheeler Peak area from Aug 21 thru Aug 27, 2024 for tribal traditional and cultural purposes.

The following trails will be closed:

Williams Lake (#62)
Wheeler Summit (#67)
Wheeler Peak (#90) between La Cal Basin and Wheeler Peak
Lost Lake (#91) between Horseshoe Lake and Wheeler Peak

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/carson/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD1129240
Read more : Wheeler Peak closure | Views : 973 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Sixty Lakes Col?

Has anyone gone over Sixty Lakes Col, in Gardiner Basin?

In Gardiner Basin, you are in a nice area, surrounded by very crowded trails such as Bubb's Creek Trail, but the trail in Gardiner is a dead end. So, this could be really nice area AND no one comes in there.

However, you can get out of Gardiner Basin via "Sixty Lakes Col", which is marked on Caltopo. Now the countours look doable to go ...
Read more : Sixty Lakes Col? | Views : 2368 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Mt. Hood May 2024 Mt. Hood May 2024

Hello,
I'm a climber who is travelling to Portland for a few weeks for work, I would like to join any group who goes up Mt. Hood or similar. I have all the experience to go across glaciers, set anchors, make a pully rescue, etc. Feel free to ask for proof.

I brought many of my climbing things with me, and I would just be happy to join any route or any plan which already ...
Read more : Mt. Hood May 2024 | Views : 1216 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Timberline Lodge fire

Anyone heading to Mt Hood this weekend, be forewarned that the Timberline Lodge is closed due to a fire, and so are the roads leading up to it.

https://www.koin.com/local/clackamas-county/clackamas-fire-battle-3-alarm-blaze-at-historic-timberline-lodge/
Read more : Timberline Lodge fire | Views : 867 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558229 • Total topics 55856 • Total members 137263