It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

jerimoth hill

Where's the closest place to stay thats decent? Heading out from there to Frissell
Read more : jerimoth hill | Views : 898 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Static Peak?

Bob Sihler was giving me some suggestions for a day-hike in the Tetons NP. I was leaning toward Amphitheater Lake and then some scrambling above it. He suggested either Paintbrush or Static Peak.

Here's the thing:

I have no technical climbing skills. I probably need to keep the scrambling at around Class III. I'm a pretty strong hiker, but I don't want to push too hard with too many miles in a day that will ...
Read more : Static Peak? | Views : 3443 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Alaska advice needed

I'm going to Denali until June 4, 2010 (this is a tentative fly-out date from the Kahiltna BC). After that, I would still have 10 days left in Alaska, and no exact plans yet. Thought of going to the Wrangell range, but not sure that 10 days is sufficient for climbing there.

Any advice what to do? I'll be alone for those 10 days, is there anybody who would like to join me on a ...
Read more : Alaska advice needed | Views : 3997 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Post 2010 Wildflower Pics Here...

Use this thread to post wildflower pics from the 2010 season.

Best links for following wildflowers I've seen so far:

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/wildupdates.html

http://www.theodorepayne.org/hotline.html

Here's a couple of pics from the Antelope Valley Poppy Preserve from March 27, 2010.

(Taken just OUTSIDE of the reserve, which is where the best showing of poppies were at the time).

Gusto
Read more : Post 2010 Wildflower Pics Here... | Views : 3389 | Replies : 14 | Forum : California

Help identify peaks

I took these shots on a flight from Aspen to Denver and was wondering if anyone could identify the range / peaks? I believe it is north of the Elk Mountains, but am not positive.

Read more : Help identify peaks | Views : 3467 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Colorado

Augest trip plan

day 1
hike in from lodge to phelps trail hike phelps mt return
hike to indian falls and bag tabletop and TR mountains
hike to lake arnold and set up camp

Day 2
hike mt. colden from arnold
move camp to feldspar broke

(this leavs a good half a day open, any ideas on what to hit for the rest of the day?)

day 3
Hike too lake tear of the clouds then hike skylight ...
Read more : Augest trip plan | Views : 1411 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Tahquitz S facing route conditions?

Anyone have recent condition info on the S facing routes at Tahquitz (e.g. Open Book)? thanks
Read more : Tahquitz S facing route conditions? | Views : 1229 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Colorado Trail question

I'm thinking about doing the first two or three sections of the Colorado Trial over Memorial Day weekend. It appears the first six miles or so is along a gravel road. Does anyone know if this section is closed to motor vehicles or can you have someone drop you off at the end of the first six miles?

My biggest question at this time is how to shuttle cars or deal with getting dropped off ...
Read more : Colorado Trail question | Views : 2109 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Colorado

temple mountain/tomisch butte, san rafael swell

does anyone know anything about the routes on these peaks? is tomisch technical? kelsey's swell book has basic info for temple, exposed north side scrambling-4th class/low 5th. that's all i've found so far. has anyone been up either of these?

jamie
Read more : temple mountain/tomisch butte, san rafael swell | Views : 1110 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Utah

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557961 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430