It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:11 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Alger Creek, Silver Lake area

Has anyone hiked/scrambled up Alger Creek directly from the Rush Creek TH? I'm wondering if this is a possible alternative to reach Alger Lakes versus taking the Rush Creek and Parker Pass Trails. Summertime, of course. Thanks in advance...
Read more : Alger Creek, Silver Lake area | Views : 3892 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Accessibility to Shasta's Eastside Trailheads in May

O.K. I know it all depends on how much snow we get this winter and how much snow melts by the end of May. But, in a typical year are roads open to trailheads for the Hotlum-Wintun or Clear Creek routes by Memorial weekend?

I checked the SP Shasta page and the descriptions of how to get there don't include seasonal caveats.
Read more : Accessibility to Shasta's Eastside Trailheads in May | Views : 1407 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Evening hike around Denver Tuesday Jan 26

If anyone wants to do an evening/moonlight hike around Denver Tuesday Jan 26 (maybe around 6 pm or so), please call me on my cell at 970-846-2419.

I'll probably do Green Mountain or maybe Mt. Morrison unless somebody else has some better ideas.
Read more : Evening hike around Denver Tuesday Jan 26 | Views : 1371 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Best hiking town/city in Nor Cal or Central Coast?

We are considering a move to CA. We're currently in the Boston area, and also spent a few years in Boulder. Personally I would like to go back to Boulder, but my husband is begging to be closer to the ocean, so we're thinking about CA now. We're looking for a place where decent hiking is right in town or just outside (similar to Boulder). Good restaurants & decent schools would be nice too. ...
Read more : Best hiking town/city in Nor Cal or Central Coast? | Views : 9337 | Replies : 24 | Forum : California

SOCAL Mountain Avy Assessment?

I think many of us were surprised at the degree the snow compacted after the recent series of storms. Anyone witness or see evidence of significant slide activity?
Read more : SOCAL Mountain Avy Assessment? | Views : 706 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Athabasca and Victoria partners

I've posted my plans in the "plans and partners" section but not had any takers so far. I am looking for partners to climb Mt Athabasca and MT Victoria in late June or July, 2010. There must be some of you Canadians interested. Let me know if there is a better way to get in touch with someone who may be interested. Thanks for your help.
Read more : Athabasca and Victoria partners | Views : 2143 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

East side road conditions 2010

I think it's time to start this thread again :).

So, first one, Whitney Portal Rd: how high up can you get these days?? Probably pretty far from the TH ?
Read more : East side road conditions 2010 | Views : 2401 | Replies : 9 | Forum : California

St. George/Zion conditions

I plan on heading down to do angel's landing this weekend. I know the mountains down there got snow; I just don't know how high that landing is compared to the mountains. Bottomline, does anyone know the conditions for the park in general?
Read more : St. George/Zion conditions | Views : 1847 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Utah

Sierra Snowpack Winter 2010

Can someone give me a sense of how the Sierra snowpack is shaping up relative to other years? I'm trying to get a sense of the early summer (mid-June) conditions on Whitney's Mountaineer's Route.
Read more : Sierra Snowpack Winter 2010 | Views : 5657 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

Provo Canyon Ice

Climbed three of your WI 5 routes in there this past week along with a mixed route. You apparently have had warm conditions in December and/or January.

Stairway to Heaven is missing the last two pitches. The first five were in decent shape, kind of picked out of course compared to what I am used to.

The Fang's tube is dangerous. We observed this route slide good last week, so got on it. But that ...
Read more : Provo Canyon Ice | Views : 3184 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Utah

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574