It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:03 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Pickets Traverse

anyone who has done both the traverse on the west side (perfect pass to pickett pass to picket pass) and the east side traverse (challenger arm, down to luna lake, over the southeast peak of fury to pickett pass) which side is a nicer route?
the beckey guide mentions steep heather slope traversing for the west route, (miserable).
it looks like if needed the southwest peak of fury could be skirted by dropping down a ...
Read more : Pickets Traverse | Views : 5550 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Denali 2010

Ironing out the details for a trip to Denali this next May/June. IN the past I have seen various fund-raising trips to the mountain. Since I will be heading up there anyway, and I do like to help out charities does anyone know about any "Climb for...." trips this next season ? Thanks, Scott
Read more : Denali 2010 | Views : 8865 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Manly Peak (Panamints) from Wingate Road

I'm thinking of approaching Manly from the Wingate Road S of Balarat, essentially the SW ridge, just N of the true Coyote Canyon. There would be 6000' of elevation gain, but I wouldn't need to punish a vehicle with the bad roads.

The google-earth image looks reasonable -- no cliff bands, fairly consistent ridge, no excess scrub.

Do you know anyone who has tried this?

As I sit here with a sprained ankle, I'm thinking ...
Read more : Manly Peak (Panamints) from Wingate Road | Views : 2144 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Free Mountain Hardwear Stuff at Seattle Store

Stop by Mountain Hardwear's Seattle store from 11/25 - 11/30 for a free hat, dome, cap, balaclava, beanie, or headwear item with a purchase of $100 or more.

This is to celebrate the one year anniversary of the location. You must be an Elevated Rewards member, and can sign up for membership on the spot.

More details are here: http://mountainhardwear.com/events.aspx

Full disclosure: I work with Mountain Hardwear, and thought ...
Read more : Free Mountain Hardwear Stuff at Seattle Store | Views : 1055 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Winter climbs near vail?

Hey guys, Im going to Vail in march with my family so go snowboarding, but I would really like to take maybe a day trip and go do a fun peak (or two). Preferably something non-technical, but still uses ice axe/ crampons (I.e. no belays or need for rope). I don't know if there are any 14'ers that fit this description, but I doubt it. So are there any Mountains/ peaks that are fun to ...
Read more : Winter climbs near vail? | Views : 3875 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Colorado

Owens Valley Solar Park?

"We're looking at the Owens Valley for our solar. We own it lock, stock and barrel. Some people think we stole it, but LA owns a huge area up there."

http://news.sierrawave.net/eastern-sier ... -in-bishop
Read more : Owens Valley Solar Park? | Views : 4948 | Replies : 21 | Forum : California

Sierra Mountaineering International

Hey guys, It look like im going to be taking the winter travel course from SMI.

Have any of you taken it, and if so, how was it?

-Jace
Read more : Sierra Mountaineering International | Views : 1890 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Indian Creek Favorites

Scarface, Generic crack, Elephant man, and tons on Pistol Whipper wall......& more......

What are your favorites?
Read more : Indian Creek Favorites | Views : 1646 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Utah

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595