It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Mt Marcy---fastest day trip route

Hi. I got back last night from a 3 day hike to Marcy. Started at Upper Works and spent the night at Uphill shelter. Marcy and Lake Tear the next day, and stayed again at Uphill, then back out to Upper Works and home yesterday. I didn't realize until I got home that I had somehow erased ALL MY PICTURES for a slide presentation. Awful.

I want to go back up and try and "re-do" ...

"Atlantic Peak"

Looking to do "Atlantic Peak" on 11-07 with some friends, has anyone done this peak in November?
Read more : "Atlantic Peak" | Views : 1662 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Haeckel NW arete/L.Sabrina conds

anybody been up there recently? approach still clear(ish)?

thx!
Read more : Haeckel NW arete/L.Sabrina conds | Views : 1786 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Found Crampons

At Sam Mack Meadow.
Read more : Found Crampons | Views : 1671 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Enchanted Rock - beta

Looking for some beta on Enchanted Rock near Fredericksburg, TX; hopefully Dave and I will be climbing there in a week (pending good weather). What's this about the park has a daily limit? How early is "early" for a day pass to go rock climbing?
I can't find enough explicit info on the Enchanted Rock State website.
Read more : Enchanted Rock - beta | Views : 4904 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

First time in Colorado. Had a blast!

Cheers to everyone here on Colorado board!
Next weekend I will be in Boulder. Visiting Colorado for the first time. Meeting up with an old friend who is there for a conference. We will have two days set aside for hiking and plan to get a good close look at Rockies. Ideally we would want to do two dayhikes of about 12-15 miles roundtrip, get on the summit of something, have great views most of ...
Read more : First time in Colorado. Had a blast! | Views : 2506 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Colorado

24 to 12hrs of Sunlight

Been a bunch of bitching and arguing with Sunlight and the organisers of the 24hrs of Sunlight. Long story short.....the organisers pulled out and Sunlight is gonna do just a 12hrs of Sunlight instead. Major bummer. That was a great race. Don't know why these people can't just resolve this kind of stuff. Can't tell who's actually at fault (you never get both sides of the story). The organisers are thinking of trying to do ...
Read more : 24 to 12hrs of Sunlight | Views : 2439 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Colorado

FIfth Water Hot Springs

What is the deal with parking for going to Fifth Water these days? I remember hearing a year or two back about parking problems and some people being towed by the forest service.

My brother and I are hoping to go visit Fifth Water sometime soon. Can anyone comment about the availability of parking, etc?

Thanks.
Read more : FIfth Water Hot Springs | Views : 2180 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Utah

Early December Ascent of Mt. Elbert

I'll be climbing Mt. Elbert on Friday, December 11. I'm asking for partners. Anyone interested? Please let me know.

I also would like anyone's help on ensuring that I stay on path regarding the South route. I understand that it can be tricky recognizing trailmarks with snow covering the ground. Also, is the South route the shortest to take? I understand that the Black Cloud Trail is not the best choice for a winter ascent ...
Read more : Early December Ascent of Mt. Elbert | Views : 2488 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420