It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:37 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Anyone know this couloir?

I was hiking on the Arapahoe Pass Trail near Mt. Neva and Jasper and saw this couloir on the northeast ridge of Jasper. Anyone know if it has a name or its history (if any)? I am speaking of the couloir on the right, but if anything is known of either, please share.
Close-up
From afar
Read more : Anyone know this couloir? | Views : 1771 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Denali Slideshow @ Sports Basement in SF on monday 26 Oct.

I don't think SB is sponsoring this one, like the last––no pizza and beer, so bring your own.

Hello all,

My next (and final) slideshow about my Denali climb this past June will be next Monday at the Sports Basement Presidio in San Francisco. I organized this one due to popular demand from folks in SF that couldn't make it down to the one in Sunnyvale last month. There's no organization sponsoring this one - ...
Read more : Denali Slideshow @ Sports Basement in SF on monday 26 Oct. | Views : 1561 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Detroit Marathon, was anybody else there?

I ran Detroit this weekend. Unofficial time was 3:24:xx. Not great, but not bad for my first marathon. I'm exhausted and my legs have never been more sore, but I'm still proud of my time and already planning for another one in the spring.

Link to PnP thread on the subject.

Are Tod, Tim, John, Glen, Justin, Josh, Tony, or Dan on here? Anybody notice/run with #692? Well, that was me.
Read more : Detroit Marathon, was anybody else there? | Views : 1890 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

First Ascent Event in Denver

There is an invitation only event at Eddie Bauer - Park Meadows (South Denver) this Thursday October 22nd from 7pm-10pm. The following mountaineers will be present for a panel discussion, Dave Hahn, Peter Whittaker, Seth Waterfall, Jake Norton, Chad Peele and a special appearance by Jim Whittaker. In addition to the panel discussion they will have refreshments, special discounts on First Ascent gear and a book signing by Jim Whittaker.

Email your name to ...
Read more : First Ascent Event in Denver | Views : 2510 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Gorge Scrambles?

Anyone know of some good 3rd or 4th class routes in the columbia gorge? Some alternate routes on Table or Hamilton perhaps?
Read more : Gorge Scrambles? | Views : 8241 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Lee Vining Ice for '09

Went and had a looksee this morning. Appears that last weeks rain/snow gig has in fact created some substantial run offs that are flowing. B/H and Main Wall are somewhat wet with flowing water. I think we may just have some good ice this year!!!

And found this very interesting runnel that is really flowing above and to the right. If this water continues to flow like this, this will be a nice 3P ...
Read more : Lee Vining Ice for '09 | Views : 2488 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Hot Springs Mountain

It looks like it's legal to do the hike to Hot Springs Mountain in San Diego County again - the campground is open:

http://www.loscoyotes.info/
Read more : Hot Springs Mountain | Views : 1094 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

prominent Sierra Peaks w/o Summitpost pages

Despite hundreds of Sierra peaks with Summitpost pages, there are still a modest number that no one has adopted. And I'm not referring to the large number of unnamed USGS peaks but rather those with USGS names. Every once in awhile I come across one and am sometimes surprised since some obviously have excellent climbing or peakbagging interest. I'd expect all members that explore the mountain listings come across some unadopted peaks so I thought ...
Read more : prominent Sierra Peaks w/o Summitpost pages | Views : 4064 | Replies : 9 | Forum : California

Backcountry bureaucracy

There's an interesting article in the Seattle PI about the sad state of bureaucracy that has invaded the Cascades backcountry.

My friend's party had a pass for five people to go in and camp in the Enchantments for five days. An overworked lawyer, he had to hike in late and meet the rest of the group.

Being a good citizen, he stopped at the Leavenworth Ranger Station to pick up a day pass so that ...
Read more : Backcountry bureaucracy | Views : 3743 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574