It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 7:48 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Glacier NP - where to stay?

Hey folks -

Going to be climbing in Glacier in a week or so and was wondering where to crash. I'm not the type who has to stay in a hotel or motel or public campground... I'm more the type who parks outside the park and crashes in the vehicle. That being said, what would you folks who've been there before recommend? West entrance? East? Is it even possible to crash in a vehicle within ...
Read more : Glacier NP - where to stay? | Views : 2226 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Mt.Hood and South Sister questions

My friends and I are going to try and climb South Sister in August. We arent mountaineers, and we are accostomed to day hikes, although we are all in pretty decent shape.
1)Whats the quickest route up to the summit, where you start the highest?
2) For people of our fitness (as stated above), what kind of travel time are we talking to the summit and back?

We decided it would be a good idea ...
Read more : Mt.Hood and South Sister questions | Views : 15206 | Replies : 37 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Visiting California in October

Sweet, Lolli is coming to California. If you stay at fishermans wharf you will have lots of ambient noise (sea lions).
Read more : Visiting California in October | Views : 41169 | Replies : 288 | Forum : California

Pyramid peak's 5th class routes (desolation wilderness)

Thanks Squishy, I should find a way to incorporate that into the Pyramid Peak page.
Read more : Pyramid peak's 5th class routes (desolation wilderness) | Views : 2048 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

living in alaska

anyone live in alaska and work just enough to get by so they can climb more? i'd like to move there because i believe that is where the future of american alpinism is, but not sure what i'd do for work. i'm considering quitting medical school. simply and honestly as i can put it, climbing is all i care about.
Read more : living in alaska | Views : 4026 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

NE Gully of Laurel

Has anyone recently been up NE Gully of Laurel? Wondering about snow. Do I need crampons or is all the snow gone? Thanks in advance!
-Mike
Read more : NE Gully of Laurel | Views : 8845 | Replies : 34 | Forum : California

Entering Canada from US for British citizen

anybody know if other documentation is required beside a passport for a British citizen coming from the US?
Read more : Entering Canada from US for British citizen | Views : 13920 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Buckeye Flat vs. Atwell Mill

Just curious of who out there has been up to the Castle Rocks on either, or if you are really MAD :wink: and have gone both ways to get up to the area.

Of course both of them have a gnarly reputation, but was curious on the prevailing factors (H20, Poison Oak, snakes, etc...) that seems to make Buckeye the prefered route up there.

And, those of ...
Read more : Buckeye Flat vs. Atwell Mill | Views : 828 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

How are the California Couloirs doing these days?

Is it looking like the alpine ice is going to be good this year? I'm thinking I may start my ice climbing season this week. Last year it seemed that things were getting a bit thin.
Read more : How are the California Couloirs doing these days? | Views : 9579 | Replies : 38 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136550