It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:30 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Minor peaks near major ones

Hi Gang,

I'm a bit of peak bagger, and I admit it freely. This puts me atop a lot of relatively minor peaks, which though they truly are mountains in their own right (i.e., with 300+ feet of prominence), are nonetheless eclipsed in many ways by the major peaks nearby. I love these little mountains, many of which have official names, if not interesting etymologies.

I have therefore created several pages describing these peaks on ...
Read more : Minor peaks near major ones | Views : 1497 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

search options

We presently have the option to search through objects based on creation date blocks:
within_last_3=
x=All;1;3;7;14;30;60;90 days

is there a way to change this or add a separate option to search:
1. From-Date
2. To-Date

Date being Created or Edited

the data is there,
Read more : search options | Views : 1221 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Finding parent objects with accents in names

Just wondered why we cannot find Hochkönig when we want for example to attach an album or a route that refers to it. We can type Hochkonig without the ö, same. I suspect hundreds of pages to be orphanes on SP just for this reason. As far as I know there is only the french é & è that do not cause this bug. Is there any way to fix it ?
Read more : Finding parent objects with accents in names | Views : 6356 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Feedback

What's Wrong???

The site is fast! What am I going to do with all the time I used to spend waiting on SP?
Read more : What's Wrong??? | Views : 2028 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Climber's Log etiquette

What's the general consensus on adding a climber's log to your profile page if you didn't summit? I know it has a check box for a successful summit, but who really goes in and looks at that. I always thought of it as a bit of a cop out, but there are a lot of peaks I've been on where I've been close to summiting then had to turn back. My ego wants me to ...
Read more : Climber's Log etiquette | Views : 3790 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Site Feedback

'People who climb the same things as you' hueristic

I am curious about the algorithm or heuristic used to derive the 'People who climb the same things as you' list in our profiles. It appears to me this is based soley on the peak and not on the route. Including the route as well as the mountain in deriving this list would be far more useful.
Read more : 'People who climb the same things as you' hueristic | Views : 925 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

SP email not working

Apparently the SP email is not working.

Emails (at least some of them) don't go through (I sent one to my son's email just to test it out) and the latest one I got was from a profile I can't find under "People" (Brent D).
Read more : SP email not working | Views : 1341 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Adding a New Parent List

Is there a method for adding a Parent List like "Top 100", "Seven Summits", etc?

I think a cool list for the Pacific Northwest would be "Snow Sentinels"

This list would be based on Joesph T. Hazard's book "Snow Sentinels of the Pacific Northwest" written in 1932 about the major summits of the Pacific Northwest. Joesph Hazard is the same guy that Camp Hazard on Mt. Rainier is named after.

The summits included in his ...
Read more : Adding a New Parent List | Views : 893 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Photos won't load

New to the site trying to load some photos, I was able to load two pics and now...it is broken. I go to the create tab then, image fill in all the boxes click on creat then, the page switchs to a page that has the summitpost heading and nothing else. I go back to my profile and the new pic is not there. I have tried several times with diffrent pics and same thing. ...
Read more : Photos won't load | Views : 4281 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595