It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Gear categories Gear categories

Isn't there a rock-climbing protection category?
Active/Passive/etc.?

got dumped by a leaving user?
Read more : Gear categories | Views : 623 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Photo protection

I got a PM about the image theft from Aigisthos and the sender wondered why SP doesn't have any protection. I have wondered the same for years and the PM made me start this thread.
Why don't you implement some sort of protection?
When it comes to the long term quality of the site it's way more important than chat rooms and other junk which has been added lately. Many good photographers have left SP ...
Read more : Photo protection | Views : 29181 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Site Feedback

Mountain Pages with Low Scores

I've recently been going through mountain pages with low scores. There have been several that were really awful-- abandoned, no route, incomplete, no attachments-- and they've been zapped to reduce clutter and improve the overall quality of site content.

However, I've run into a problem: there are lots of bad pages that have log entries, attachments such as routes and trip reports, and photos by others. Deleting these pages would mean erasing the logs and ...
Read more : Mountain Pages with Low Scores | Views : 3116 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Bad Submissions

No function to list climbed mountains in profile?

I´ve recently registered to SP after taking part of the content for a few months. While updating my profile i do not find a function to list mountains/peaks that I´ve climbed in my profile. Maybe I´m blind. I´ve spent quite some time searching the forum and reading FAQ but all I find is how to list mountains that you "create" but what is I´ve climbed a mountain that already exist in the massive archive of ...
Read more : No function to list climbed mountains in profile? | Views : 1814 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Getting an embedded map to work in different browsers?

Sometimes I want to include a map when I post something. It's been a real journey to figure out how to make things look just the way I want them, and while I'm still not there yet, I feel I'm getting somewhere.

Now, I don't want to infringe on copyrights, and I don't want to create an account on every map-making site, since I'm very good at forgetting passwords. Today I've been fiddling around with ...
Read more : Getting an embedded map to work in different browsers? | Views : 11819 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Page Help

Kick out this shithead

"Aigisthos" was under heavy fire already already back in 2005, now it's time to kick him out for good.

He had stolen loads of photos and used them on his commercial sites.
these-guys-have-been-really-busy-stealing-photos-from-sp-t2314.html

He gave SP a half baked explanation here:
these-guys-have-been-really-busy-stealing-photos-from-sp-t2314-15.html#p33557
Not a commercial site, bla bla. To help others bla bla. "I know, it isn't a good way, if I use ...
Read more : Kick out this shithead | Views : 2407 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

Missing the Divider Between Featured TR's and Articles

Not sure if this was on purpose but randomly I happen to notice the divider between the featured trip reports section and the featured articles section is missing. Notice http://www.mbpost.com/ has it which looks like
Code: Select all
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read more : Missing the Divider Between Featured TR's and Articles | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

"Add to To Do List"-Button

Mountain Project has a button on each route or mountain page that, when clicked, collects the page into a 'To Do' list for me to easily reference on my profile. IE i get on my MP profile and look at my to do list first, rather than browsing my bookmarks. Could you add that? I'd greatly appreciate it, rather than bookmarking it on my computer.
Read more : "Add to To Do List"-Button | Views : 953 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Did somebody quit SP? Did somebody quit SP?

During the last two days, my power points have dropped by two digits.

I detect a "voice being suddenly silenced" in the Force. Did somebody delete all their pages ???

Not a big deal - just askin'.

:?
Read more : Did somebody quit SP? | Views : 3057 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136415