It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:44 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Pages by deceased members

After the recent loss of a member here, another member has brought up a legitimate concern-- what might happen eventually to pages "abandoned" by a deceased member.

I don't know what past SP practice has been, but unless there is a truly exceptional reason (like a truly awful page) or the family comes forth to give permission, I would not delete or transfer ownership of the page of a deceased member. In memorializing a lost ...
Read more : Pages by deceased members | Views : 1422 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Thinkpoint Virus

Stay clear of clinking on anything Thinkpoint

The Thinkpoint antivirus virus may advise you to purchase the windows Thinkpoint antivirus license key or activation code to remove viruses. But it is a virus itelf. A nasty Trojan. Get your PC immunized elsewhere, and keep it up-to-date. Just don't click on it. Totally exit the Web immediately.
Read more : Thinkpoint Virus | Views : 8464 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Thank you for the new features

Thank you all who have taken notice to some suggested changes and features and to those who have implemented the changes. It is quite nice that the site is continually getting better, many websites never play around with things and therefore never improve.

Na Zdorovye!
Read more : Thank you for the new features | Views : 502 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Need help posting video on TR Need help posting video on TR

Haven't been able to figure this one out. Have a video on YouTube but all I've succeeded in posting is a link, not the video box with the play button in it. I know I've seen info in here before about how to do it but don't seem to be able to find it now.
Would greatly appreciate any help with this.
Thanks!!
Read more : Need help posting video on TR | Views : 3928 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Page Help

We need a "laugh" button!

We need a "laugh" button that would function like the "thanks" button. When I first joined SP I would very often see where someone had quoted an earlier funny post and added nothing more than some dufous smiley faces. Now, I'll admit that I'm not terribly up on Internet etiquette (or any other ettiquette for that matter), but I thought that sort of behavior was really lame (still do). I think a "laugh" button would ...
Read more : We need a "laugh" button! | Views : 2196 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestion: Get rid of POTD & POTW, show random picture

In all honesty the whole POTD and POTW thing has grown into complete absurdity. I know there's much critique about the voting system for pictures, and while I'm not directly supporting to overhaul it itself, it's obvious that the POTD/W feature only nourishes neurotic efforts to get some of the alleged attention that comes from it, which evidently has a strong negative effect on the idea that votes should indicate content quality. At the risk ...
Read more : Suggestion: Get rid of POTD & POTW, show random picture | Views : 16693 | Replies : 75 | Forum : Site Feedback

maps on mountain or route pages

What's the best way of producing a map of a route(s) for a mountain or route page? Can I photograph part of a map and then edit it in software (add the route, for eg) without infringing copyright?

Google maps for Access to the trailhead, yes, but.. well, I see some good, clear maps on pages and wonder where they come from. Thanks. j
Read more : maps on mountain or route pages | Views : 3625 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Page Help

"off-route" appears in google

Wasn't the old PnP invisible to google? Isn't there a way to make off-route invisible to search engines, or maybe visibility is desired?
Read more : "off-route" appears in google | Views : 3056 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Site Feedback

help

i have erased the bottom half of my profile and cant figure out how to get it back. and help would be great.
Read more : help | Views : 1597 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

E-mail notification of PM

Just got several e-mails stating I got a PM from other members. Looks like you were able to turn on that function, Matt?
Read more : E-mail notification of PM | Views : 1923 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136452