It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:53 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Glitch

On the U.S. Highpoints page of which I am an editor, there is small glitch.
While we put a Katahdin photo in the Northeast section, it falls back into the West section above it.
If I delete the photo, the second photo in the Northeast section falls back into the West section.

How do we fix this glitch?
Read more : Glitch | Views : 1235 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Help

Profile Picture

I wrote a pm to head master Gangolf about this but he seems to be out of office. Does anyone else know?

"I remember you wrote how to change ones profile picture to another one, one already has uploaded to SP. But I forgot how to do it, can you help?"
Read more : Profile Picture | Views : 2695 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

question marks still not correctly escaped in all places

1. Click the signature photo of this album: That's a trail??
The problem is the question marks - SP automatically translates them to dashes (or to nothing at all) in most places, but not here.

2. View any photo within that album, then click the album name ("that's a trail??") in the gallery preview on the right side of the page.
Same problem.
Read more : question marks still not correctly escaped in all places | Views : 789 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Thank you feature

I like it! I think it reminds people that the purpose of the various forums are to assist others with information that can be useful to their climbing/hiking and various back county inquiries. But is it the new SP crack? I can already see the need for recognition brewing to a boil. Will the person with the most thanks actually be the most helpful? Is this the idea? Hey, are we getting any points for ...
Read more : Thank you feature | Views : 6070 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Site Feedback

Is it OK to create pages about peaks you haven't climbed?

Talking of mountains that are accessible to anybody, not those which are off-limits for some reason (nature conservation, war, etc.).
I don't think so, based on what Orphanage says. (The reason for me asking this question is that I find it fun :D to create a page about a mountain I like but I feel I’ve been robbed of some of this kind of fun by ...
Read more : Is it OK to create pages about peaks you haven't climbed? | Views : 36993 | Replies : 228 | Forum : Site Feedback

Trip reports sorted by date Trip reports sorted by date

It would be good or at least havina a tool for sorting by trip reports by date. I've wondered it when trying to find Mont Blanc trip reports done in summer 2010
Read more : Trip reports sorted by date | Views : 2101 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Forum name change request

Dear Elves,

I would like to see the name of a forum on this site being changed into something more historically appropriate:

Could you please consider changing the name "Off-Route" in to "Prate and Prattle"?

Thanks in advance,
Clint/
Read more : Forum name change request | Views : 7477 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Leaving SP?

Are you thinking about leaving SP but are willing to leave behind your pages so others may continue to use them?

First, do you really have to delete your account? Why not just become inactive? There may come a time when you decide you want to resume activity here. In the meantime, if any of your pages need updating, others can adopt them. Deleting your pages could also have organizational effects; for example, deleted areas ...
Read more : Leaving SP? | Views : 44819 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

Meduim Sized Portrait Photos

I notice that in my pages that the medium sized portrait photos are now much smaller than when I originally created them. Is this a permanent change?

Thanks
D
Read more : Meduim Sized Portrait Photos | Views : 1753 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574