It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:07 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo)

So I keep trying to upload a megacomposite photo I made showing some routes on Bear Creek Spire. Every time I try to upload the photo, the upload screen uploads for awhile, then directs me to a blank page (except for the SP header & footer). I keep trying to upload this particular photo with no success.

Any thoughts?

Specs are: 4881x 5676 (9.56 MB)

If the problem is one of image size, I wonder ...
Read more : Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo) | Views : 3906 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Additons and corrections

So, when posting an addition or correction, you click the link, and above the box where you enter your text, it says, "Post an Additon or Correction"

What's an additon? I'm surprised no one else has noticed this yet.
Read more : Additons and corrections | Views : 518 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Poking Sleeping Users

We have an issue on SP with people who join in and put up some decent pages, and then disappear, with their pages getting outdated as years go by. Most of these people are just gone, but I bet there's a few who are just asleep/forgetful. What if, once a year, an automatic e-mail was generated along the lines of what UK Climbing sends out:

(Please don't reply to this automated email)

Thanks for registering ...
Read more : Poking Sleeping Users | Views : 734 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

"medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports

I was going back to clean up a couple old trip reports (Matt's recent changes make a world of difference in pulling up pages with lots of pictures quickly), and noticed that for vertical photos specified as "medium" using simple HTML code, those pictures now appear smaller than they did before. Before, all "medium" photos would have the same width, and on a 1280 resolution width monitor, you could place two of these pictures side-by-side ...
Read more : "medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports | Views : 3012 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

Many links in old posts do not work anymore

(I posted this message a few days ago, and then my thread suddently disappeared. As it was not offensive, I can only assume that one of Matt's scrips ate it like my archived PMs!) :o

Many links in old posts do not work anymore

We all know that there were empty places and even pages at the end of many old threads, due to posts being deleted ...
Read more : Many links in old posts do not work anymore | Views : 1788 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Thank you Matt

I just want to thank you, Montana Matt, for putting in a lot of time and giving this site a much-needed overhaul. I know the recent upgrades have taken a lot of work. I also want to thank you for all the times you've responded to my requests for assistance, even if it's to patiently and politely tell me, essentially, that I'm on crack and a perceived site problem is in my head. ...
Read more : Thank you Matt | Views : 2246 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Site Feedback

Can't post in the forums?

A lot of people have been asking about this. They try to post and get sent to their profile pages.

All you have to do is log out and then log back in.

Matt announced this would happen, but many seem not to have seen that post. It even happened to me before I remembered what Matt said. :oops:
Read more : Can't post in the forums? | Views : 5041 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Site Feedback

Thanks for removing empty (virtual) posts

In the old days, many threads were made difficult to use by the fact that, when someone was deleted, their posts, while deleted, were still influencing the counting of posts in the system. The worst example was the 11,000 thread, which had ten empty pages at the end, making it almost impossible to post in it.

With the remake, all these empty pages has disappeared!

THANKS, MATT!

Regrettably, this also means that the arrow figures ...
Read more : Thanks for removing empty (virtual) posts | Views : 548 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Report Bugs Here

Please use this thread to report bugs and other issues that have appeared since the upgrade. It is easier to keep track of things when there is just one thread.
Read more : Report Bugs Here | Views : 343689 | Replies : 1187 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574