It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 9:43 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Can't post or see attachments

Hi,

New here and I can't seem to reply to topics or see attachements.
Read more : Can't post or see attachments | Views : 4731 | Replies : 1

Featured Articles

Can sp rotate in some new pages here?
Read more : Featured Articles | Views : 5939 | Replies : 8

Objections to the POTD system as it is right now

With the system as it is at present, based purely on "logarithms" that nobody can understand, POTD has become not much more than a pure lottery...You might think that I'm only saying this because today (2015-04-11) I had two photos at the top and nevertheless POTD went to someone else who had a far lower score than I did. Fact is, and you can believe me, if only I were affected, I wouldn't say a ...
Read more : Objections to the POTD system as it is right now | Views : 22674 | Replies : 49

Cache = Broken

So many members may have noticed that the site has a new 24 hour caching feature (when not logged in) which enables SP to run faster than before. This is good.

However, there is a downside. For instance, today the site was totally down for several hours (4+). During that which SP did it's new caching trick and the result is...

Broken for 24 hours! :shock:

Now ...
Read more : Cache = Broken | Views : 4018 | Replies : 1

GPX track store?

Does anyone want to help me set up a website to buy and sell GPX tracks? It would be like Apple's App Store. For $1-5 you can download an adventure. $1 gets you someone's GPS dump, like you see on various websites now. The price goes up if it's edited and cleaned up (using Garmin BaseCamp), has campsites and stream crossings waypointed, includes pictures, has a text narrative, etc.

My backpacking partner Heather and I ...
Read more : GPX track store? | Views : 4598 | Replies : 0

Is this really what we want?

I recently happened to visit SummitPost in someone else's browser, without my normal filtering, and was disgusted:
A bunch of "social" trackers/buttons and ads for mail-order brides? Really? I expect this sort of web turd if I'm trying to pirate something, but is it really necessary to treat people without proper ad-blockers this badly?
Read more : Is this really what we want? | Views : 11675 | Replies : 27

Ads - a question of balance and style

If I am logged into SP, the various pages appear clean, but if I view the same page when not logged into SP, the page includes ads along the border, tucked into odd places such as within the gray summary block where the mountain stats are listed, and many of the words within the body are hyperlinked to reveal call-out windows.

I understand the need to monetize such a large site in some way, so ...
Read more : Ads - a question of balance and style | Views : 6724 | Replies : 7

Can't Upload Pictures Today

Maybe I'm banned for the relatively poor quality of my pictures?
Read more : Can't Upload Pictures Today | Views : 4138 | Replies : 1

Excuse me........

but WTF is this all about?

New Articles
Prediksi Skor Liverpool vs Basel | Bursa Bola Ibcbet - Dec 8
Prediksi Skor Galatasaray vs Arsenal | UCL - Dec 8
Prediksi Skor Juventus vs Atletico Madrid | Agen Ibcbet - Dec 8
Prediksi Skor Benfica vs Bayer Leverkusen | Agen Betting Terpercaya - Dec 8
Prediksi Skor Real Madrid vs Ludogorets | 10 Des 2014 - Dec 8
Prediksi Skor Liverpool vs ...
Read more : Excuse me........ | Views : 5081 | Replies : 3

POTW