It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 9:31 pm

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Cerro Torre Help

I am looking to plan a BASE expedition to Cerro Torre in the next summer can anybody with experience on this cliff or area please contact me as I have many questions. Thank you in advance
Read more : Cerro Torre Help | Views : 3162 | Replies : 10

Getting to Cordon del Plata

Hi,

I would like to get over to CdelP after leaving Aconcagua Natl Park. what is the best way of getting there. I'll be hold up in Penitentes after coming out of the valley so I'm keen on seeing if there is a bus that goes from Penitentes to CdelP and then another a few days later from CdelP to Mendoza. Might like to have a go at Pico Plata while fuly acclimitized as an ...
Read more : Getting to Cordon del Plata | Views : 1788 | Replies : 4

looking for information´s about Mercedario´s South Face

Hi

I´m planning to climb Mercedário´s south face on Jannuary 2007.
Althought, I still don´t know if the access road are fixed...
There was a flood on the 2006´s summer that destroyed the mining road... Even the south face been reached by other valley (valle del Colorado). I still don´t know if by that way the acces road is out of problems....
I´m going with my own car, that is a GM 4wd pickup, is ...
Read more : looking for information´s about Mercedario´s South Face | Views : 2490 | Replies : 5

Insurance on Aconcagua?

Hi all

was wondering if anyone has any experience in getting insurance for a 3 week attempt on Aconcagua from the UK that also covers baggage - all the gear I've been getting is worth quite a bit! I will be in Argentina / Bolivia / Brazil for about 11 weeks if that helps.

All the normal policies I seem to have looked at won't cover any trekking / climbing above 6,000m but will readily ...
Read more : Insurance on Aconcagua? | Views : 2415 | Replies : 2

Guiding services in Argentina or Chile

Hello everybody I am trying to organize a climbing trip to Argentina or Chile between Christmas and New Years. Does anybody know about guiding services in El Chalten or Puerto Natales. And also about general conditions in that time of the year?
Read more : Guiding services in Argentina or Chile | Views : 1323 | Replies : 3

Guagua and Imabura Pages

Looking to give these two pages up to someone who has climbed them and wants them.
Read more : Guagua and Imabura Pages | Views : 1040 | Replies : 2

Aconcagua - book now or in Argentina?

Hi All

I'm looking to book an Aconcaugua trek to the summit through one of the trekking companies before I leave the UK but am unsure as this could be needlessly throwing away money. Perhaps a better / cheaper way to do it as I am fairly flexible with time would be to wait until arrival in Mendoza.

I arrive in Mendoza on 10th december(ish) and on the flip side, I don't want miss out ...
Read more : Aconcagua - book now or in Argentina? | Views : 3524 | Replies : 16

Patagonia Trip In The Works

I tried tracking down the old thread i had posted on preparing for a trip to Patagonia but couldn't find it. Anyway....

Deb and I are planning a trip to Patagonia and hope to get the most of trekking the region. And since I can only get 2 weeks vacation (plus or minus 2 or 3 days), we thought a guide service would keep us on track for the time we're there. Ultimately, we want ...
Read more : Patagonia Trip In The Works | Views : 1179 | Replies : 2

Spanish Classes

Anyone planning a climbing trip to South America might be interested in checking out this site - www.latinoschools.com. I found it from a link from a US guide service.

They offer (4) hours per day of Spanish class, room and board (2 meals) with a host family for $265 per week in Ecuador, Peru, or Bolivia.

It seems like a good way to acclimate, learn something about the area ...
Read more : Spanish Classes | Views : 725 | Replies : 0

antisana?

anyone have recent beta? headed there in 2 weeks
Read more : antisana? | Views : 1525 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558010 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136547