It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:24 pm

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Best way to redirect a belay using a sliding X

I want to use a sliding X since I am without a cordellet for right now. As there is no Top-Shelf for the redirect, whats the best method to set this up so I can belay off my harness? Also, I'm usuing a B-52. If I want a direct belay, can I just clip another locker in to the belay anchor? Thanks

Oh yes, question refers to a two bolt achor system, not trad. Instead ...
Read more : Best way to redirect a belay using a sliding X | Views : 7920 | Replies : 11

Rowing

I asked around here a while back what I could do. I ended up fighting again (Savate), but after a month I found that my knee and shoulder were starting to struggle again. I totally love it and I'm pretty good at it, but my passion is climbing, so I quit.

Started indoor rowing and been doing it for a while now. I'm really starting to love it. Great workout. Can recommend it to everybody. ...
Read more : Rowing | Views : 29972 | Replies : 35

Fitting lifting into an already packed schedule

I'm currently training for a 3 day trail running stage race where the 1st day is 20 miles with 2k-3k elevation gain, 2nd day is 18 miles on flat trails, and 3rd day is 22 miles with 3k+ elevation gain. Over the last few months I've only managed to run 3x a week and have dropped strength training from my schedule due to lack of time. The race is 8 weeks away and my work ...
Read more : Fitting lifting into an already packed schedule | Views : 3624 | Replies : 8

Knee Strength

A few days ago I was rock hopping on the beach, and I guess I must have slipped on a rock or something, but for the rest of the day, I had some mild knee pain. The pain was almost gone the next day, but it still concerned me. I've never had a major knee injury, but they do feel tender after a good descent, so I've taken to using trekking poles.
Anyway, I was ...
Read more : Knee Strength | Views : 14345 | Replies : 21

Training without weights?

So I am coming off a nearly 6 month long serious illness. I have lost a huge amount of muscle mass and I want to get fit again but I don't want to get big. When I lift weights I just seem to bulk up.

I was in the best shape of my life when all I did was trail run before my job working construction, rock climb or boulder after work and alpine climb ...
Read more : Training without weights? | Views : 10691 | Replies : 21

Patella Femoral Solutions book

Hi all

While strolling through the knee problem threads of SP, I came across this:

http://www.sports-injury-info.com/patel ... tions.html

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this method and/or with this approach (focussing on the hips instead of the quads/vmo to solve patella tracking issues).

Many thanks
Read more : Patella Femoral Solutions book | Views : 1977 | Replies : 0

Interval timers

Anyone use one or have tips on what good ones can do.?
Read more : Interval timers | Views : 1900 | Replies : 5

pedaling their way to TV rights

so this is my first attempt at joining masters like brian benn who seem to be able to land threads in the off-route section.

i think this is a great model for how all TV should be watched:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100406/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_pedaling_inmates
Read more : pedaling their way to TV rights | Views : 1574 | Replies : 6

Attaching 2 slings

There was an article posted on the BD website last month on how to connect 2 slings. Interesting test results...

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/journal/climb/all/qc-lab-connecting-two-slings-together
Read more : Attaching 2 slings | Views : 7643 | Replies : 10

Is this vertigo?

while this question may parallel other "vertigo" related threads here on SP, i needed some more specific answers than the others were able to provide.

so here's the skinny...
me and my old lady used to do a lot of climbing back when we were dating. got married... had kids...etc. so now, the kids are a little older, and she wants to start climbing with me again, but ever since the kids were born, she ...
Read more : Is this vertigo? | Views : 5468 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557995 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136515