It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:30 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Visualization and Climbing

A week or two ago I was in one of those places between awakeness and sleep, and imagined myself ice climbing, the way I was climbing before I got hurt two years ago. It felt smooth and controlled, the way it used to be. It was a strange feeling to wake up and realize, "that was then and this is now."

I mentioned it to a friend who is a physical therapist and she described ...
Read more : Visualization and Climbing | Views : 21549 | Replies : 33

Workout Schedule Advice

I have about an hour an day to workout in the mornings M - F. Previously, I've been trying to run for 20-30 min on M , W ,F, and lifting for about 45 minutes (full body) on T and Th at a gym near where I work. Recently, my gym opened a facility right at the half way point of my morning run. I'm looking for some advice on the following options:

1- (M,W,F) ...
Read more : Workout Schedule Advice | Views : 5228 | Replies : 7

Hiking with a knee injury or injury in general

I am planning in hiking in Southern Patagonia, however, I have a torn meniscus and recently my injury has been acting up (after exercise it swells). I am at odds, on one hand I do not want to make my injury worse on the other hand I do not want to miss a once and a lifetime hikingopportunity. So my question is: How do you decide whether or not to push it or not? Thanks ...
Read more : Hiking with a knee injury or injury in general | Views : 2163 | Replies : 2

what do you do for recovery?

Just wondering what people do out there to recover from alpine climbs?
I find that when I'm out climbing an alpine route in say, Rocky Mountain National Park with a 3-4 mile approach and 1000ft of climbing--be it ice, snow, or rock---that I'm strong on the approach and climb, and a little tired on the descent, but very very worn out the next day. I'm getting out about once a week but even when I ...
Read more : what do you do for recovery? | Views : 12445 | Replies : 29

Training wall construct question

Anyone have any experience with an adjustable angle wall like the setup below? Just wondering if it jerks around or seems pretty stable.

Thanks!

Read more : Training wall construct question | Views : 2058 | Replies : 1

Two-a-days

Anyone do two-a-day workouts? I'm thinking about running in the morning and lifting weights in the afternoons 2-3 days a week and being in the mountains or doing recovery runs on alternating days. Advice?
Read more : Two-a-days | Views : 5412 | Replies : 21

Question

Crispy: In your workout the day before, did you do hamstrings lying on your front?

On the nerve sensation down the foot. Any tingling in the thigh or pain in the back - in case there are two different things here.
Read more : Question | Views : 1621 | Replies : 0

Weak Friday

I’m feeling very very weak today :D
Suzan Dudink (f)
Read more : Weak Friday | Views : 1417 | Replies : 2

Atypical Knee Issue--Any insight?

Hey all,

I've done the web searching and forum searching and I haven't found anything resembling my current knee issue. I've gone once to my PT and he couldn't figure anything yet, so I'm tossing it out to you all for any and every insight.

FYI, I'm a post-surgery athlete (badly dislocated patella in '95) with a pretty sound understanding of knee injuries who knows/keeps regular body maintenance (i.e., self-massage, foam roller, etc). Not trying ...
Read more : Atypical Knee Issue--Any insight? | Views : 3507 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434