It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:49 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Crack Climbing Question for the Ladies

My girlfriend and I have been working hard on improving our crack climbing technique, but are still near the bottom of the scale.

For here there is one particular hurdle that maybe some of the women here can help with. She observed recently that often, when I or one of our friends is working a crack, there is a tendency to bring elbows, upper arms, hands and wrists right smack in front of the chest. ...
Read more : Crack Climbing Question for the Ladies | Views : 26635 | Replies : 42

How to rappel on a loaded rope?

Hello guys
I wana know of any secure solution for climbers/cavers to rappel on a loaded rope? I've seen some techniques using carabiners but I'm not sure they are secure
Read more : How to rappel on a loaded rope? | Views : 25075 | Replies : 24

Carpel Tunnel Exercises

I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel a couple of years ago. It has basically ended my climbing career, well, that and about 20 pounds. It is getting worse geometrically, but I don't want to go under the knife just yet.

I should have asked the doc when I was in his office, but are there any exercises that can help?

Thanks!
Read more : Carpel Tunnel Exercises | Views : 7394 | Replies : 9

Torn MCl

I tore my MCL 3 weeks ago and really would like to hear from anyone else out there as to how their recovery went. I think I tore it pretty bad but my doctor seems to think that it will heal correctly on its own, but I strongly disagree. Anyways I dont want to rant on my actual case but rather I'd like to hear how others recoverys went, possibly what worked for them and ...
Read more : Torn MCl | Views : 42678 | Replies : 24

A6+ Really?

Nope.... A3 at best!

Those Big Ass hooks aren't going anywhere Squish.

The redundancy factor, they are pounded in/down thus making them solid and very bomber.
Read more : A6+ Really? | Views : 23200 | Replies : 55

Endurance Training: 5 min. = 6 hrs.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/2 ... es-a-week/

I wonder if the results would be similar for already fit people.
Read more : Endurance Training: 5 min. = 6 hrs. | Views : 8350 | Replies : 30

tendonitis

Yeah, please keep us updated. I've had T-elbow in the past. Now dealing with a recurring bout of golfers elbow (and I hate golf :evil: ) that is not responding very well to what has worked in the past.
Read more : tendonitis | Views : 1427 | Replies : 2

Technical climbing at altitude

I'm slowly coming to terms with the possibility that technical routes above about 12000' are not realistic for me. Despite my best attempts at acclimatization, usually by 13000' I'm moving extremely slowly. Scrambling and snow-climbing seems to work out, if I schedule enough time .. but I can't imagine trying to lead, say, 5.7 feeling like that.

I've read that the autonomic nervous system is routed through the upper spinal cord, above T6 (my injury ...
Read more : Technical climbing at altitude | Views : 24245 | Replies : 99

Now I love Snickers....

But the idea of of Snickers, GU, and freeze dried meals of 7 days makes my teeth hurt. My partner and I are going on a 7 day trek and are looking for other food options. We are looking at powdered milk for our oatmeal and tea, maybe some things like bagels and poptarts that we don't have to cook for some days. Long story short, we are open for suggestions and comments about what ...
Read more : Now I love Snickers.... | Views : 19373 | Replies : 47

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557964 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136439