It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:54 pm

News News of US - California

Site map of US - California » Forum : US - California

Find climbing partners in California

Class 3 High Sierra scrambling partner

New to the high country, have climbed a few peaks so far and have caught the bug. Looking for a climbing partner and/or mentor. Coming from Sacramento and can meet at the trail head. Up for day hikes and over nighters. I have some ideas for routes and am looking for more! PM me!
Read more : Class 3 High Sierra scrambling partner | Views : 3421 | Replies : 0

Lost tent along Bishop Pass

Camped at Bivy area before thunderbolt Col exited up and down Bishop Pass and South Lake.
Tent (grey compression sack) must have gotten wet in all that snow and slipped through straps. I didnt notice at trailhead only on unpacking at home :( With at least 3 miles cross country it feels like a needle in a haystack but hoping for a miracle. 310.383.8571 if anyone finds ...
Read more : Lost tent along Bishop Pass | Views : 1909 | Replies : 0

Mt. Shasta Climbing partner?

Hi all,

My name is Vivek, and I’m a 27 year old male. I’m just wondering if anyone here is considering a an ascent via Avalanche Gulch preferably next week or next month? I’ve climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in the past, and I have some mountaineering experience. All my gear is ready to go. Please let me know if you’re interested. Any comments are welcome!
Read more : Mt. Shasta Climbing partner? | Views : 2566 | Replies : 1

Training Mt Shasta

I'm looking to go up to Shasta in Feb March and April to practice glacial travel, crevasse rescue and snow camping skills and also make it up to the summit. I'm new to the area and planning a trip to Denali later this summer, is anyone interested in getting in on the fun?
Read more : Training Mt Shasta | Views : 2205 | Replies : 0

Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner

Hey there!
I'm a 31 YO male living in the town of Mt. Shasta. Looking for a mountaineering partner to explore more of Mt. Shasta's glacial and alpine offerings. My goal is to climb all 14 routes (already have 2 down). I already have another climber (another Mt. Shasta local, 32 YO male) competent in glacier travel/alpine climbing. Looking to create at least a team of 3 for safety reasons.
Former Marine, experienced thru-hiker, high ...
Read more : Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner | Views : 4503 | Replies : 2

Mt Whitney winter ascent via Mountaineers route

Looking for partners for Mt Whitney winter ascent via the Mountaineers route. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in teaming up.

My timeline is flexible but something between Jan-Feb would be good for me.

My experience includes Kilimanjaro, Shasta via Avalanche Gulch, Mexican Volcanoes and Pico de Orizaba via the north side and an unsuccessful attempt on Baker (weather).
Read more : Mt Whitney winter ascent via Mountaineers route | Views : 2246 | Replies : 0

Palisade Traverse July 4th weekend

ISO a climbing partner for the palisade traverse. I am slowly knocking out the CA 14ers and I have been wanting to plan this for some time over the long July 4th weekend but have yet to recruit a climbing partner due to the schedules of the limited friends I have that would be able and willing to undertake this climb. My dates are somewhat flexible as of now, I just need to arrange my ...
Read more : Palisade Traverse July 4th weekend | Views : 1816 | Replies : 0

Mount Shasta in February

Hello fellow climbers,

Just wondering if anyone here is considering a winter ascent via Avalanche Gulch in February? Any comments/advise is welcome!
Read more : Mount Shasta in February | Views : 4576 | Replies : 2

Mountaineering Climbing Partner Needed Shasta/Whitney Mountaineering Climbing Partner Needed Shasta/Whitney

Hello,

I am looking for a mountaineering Climbing Partner for Mt Whitney AND/OR Mt Shasta. I would like to climb these peaks in late May early June and would rather do it if someone. I have applied for Mt Whitney Permit already.
I have experience in mountaineering, I have done some peaks in the alps like Gran Paradisio and I am currently training to ascent the Mount Blanc in July. So hit me up if ...
Read more : Mountaineering Climbing Partner Needed Shasta/Whitney | Views : 5178 | Replies : 1

Joshua Tree Thru- Hike - President weekend

Looking for a hiking partner to thru hike Joshua Tree for President weekend in February.
It's roughly 36 miles one way. Need a partner so we can park two cars at different ends of the trailheads.
We could make it 2 days or 2.5 days depending on your hiking stamina.

Happy Trails
Read more : Joshua Tree Thru- Hike - President weekend | Views : 1938 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557975 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136466