It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 am

News News of US - Colorado

Site map of US - Colorado » Forum : US - Colorado

Find climbing partners in Colorado

Partners for the Alpine

Looking for people interested in doing some snow climbing, skiing, or just generally getting out in the higher peaks this spring. I'm also interested in moderate rock climbing (hurt hand precludes anything too difficult). I'm a pretty dialed rock climber looking to expand my skill set in to the higher peaks. Email or reply to this thread if interested.
Thanks!
Patrick
Read more : Partners for the Alpine | Views : 4663 | Replies : 1

Local Peakbagging Partner

Hey there,
I live in Colorado Springs and I am AMPED for the summer! This'll be my first summer here and I can't wait to do a bunch of bagging in my local area. (I'd like to hit some state HPs and maybe a few 14ers on weekends, but I love keeping it local). I"m looking for someone that likes peakbagging via trailrunning primarily: I travel ultralight, usually not bringing water or snacks even.
For ...
Read more : Local Peakbagging Partner | Views : 4168 | Replies : 0

Elbert in Feb.

Hello All,

My first post here. Hiking Mt. Elbert via the South Mt. Elbert Trail on Feb. 23rd and 24th. Plan is to get to the upper treeline, camp overnight, summit and back down next day. Will be staying in Leadville on the 22nd, and the 24th. Planning on going solo, but as this will be my first 'real' snow climb, I'm looking for others to increase safety with someone who has snow experience.

E-Mail ...
Read more : Elbert in Feb. | Views : 5389 | Replies : 2

Ice Festival at CityROCK Climbing Center, Colorado Springs

December 4 and 5 : Clinics with Will Gadd, Sarah Hueniken, and Will Mayo. Sponsor Demos , Citizens Competition and Pro- Competition. $3000 to be distributed to the top 3 in men's and women's categories. Great schwag as prizes as well. Register at http://www.climbcityrock.com/comps.html?comps=1. Call 719-634-9099 for more info or visit http://www.climbcityrock.com.
Read more : Ice Festival at CityROCK Climbing Center, Colorado Springs | Views : 5832 | Replies : 0

12ers - 14ers summit partner

Looking to bag some peaks, but hesitant to summit solo. Anyone down to join me for some peakbagging near Denver?
Read more : 12ers - 14ers summit partner | Views : 6140 | Replies : 0

Climb (Elks, Horseshoe, ?) Saturday.

Weather permitting, I was hoping to do a snow climb this Saturday (Sunday is Mother's Day). I would probably leave Friday afternoon and either car camp or hike in a bit.

Ashcroft Mountain (Elks) has a nice looking couloir on the Southwest side. We could stay in the Markley Hut Friday night (one hour snowshoe/ski from the trailhead), right near the bottom of the couloir, if enough people are interested to justify the hut cost. ...
Read more : Climb (Elks, Horseshoe, ?) Saturday. | Views : 6245 | Replies : 0

Denver area open for more regular climbing partners

Moderate trad climber who's getting better and helping others improve. I love backpacks in and alpine or back country climbing, including snow and ice. I already have some climbing partners yet open for more good ones. FYI I'm ice climbing in rnmp this weeken . feel free to contact me 303-242-7506.
Read more : Denver area open for more regular climbing partners | Views : 8632 | Replies : 2

Pick O' The Vic WI 4+, Ouray, CO

Footage of the first official Ouray ice park route set and a super classic 160 ft sustained WI 4+ ice climb. Named after the Victorian hotel in down town Ouray. http://youtu.be/SXroeFQzF9A
Read more : Pick O' The Vic WI 4+, Ouray, CO | Views : 6292 | Replies : 0

Gore Range/Eiseman Hut Dec 13-14-Invitation

Looks like there's still plenty of space left at the Eiseman Hut for that weekend.

Does anyone want to climb peak 12,180 in the Gores (I'm not sure of it's unofficial name) and stay in Eiseman Hut? There should be some really spectacular views from up there. It be nice to have a few more people along in case there is any trailbreaking.

The huts go for $33 a person and are equipped with stoves ...
Read more : Gore Range/Eiseman Hut Dec 13-14-Invitation | Views : 9498 | Replies : 2

Climbing Mt Elbert - anyone interested?

Planning on doing the south approach in one day. Sometime next week but I'm flexible. Would love to have company!
Read more : Climbing Mt Elbert - anyone interested? | Views : 6526 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471