It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:38 pm

News News of US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.

Bozeman area hiking buddies?

I'm been doin a little of get back in shape hikes like Baldy, Saddle, Blackmore, and Hardscrabble from the N Cottonwood side (that was a bitch). I'm trying a "first" ascent of Jumbo Mountain above Lava Lake tomorrow. Jumbo isn't on SP, and there are no trails shown and I don't know anybody that has done it. Probably a lot of bushwackin and a high possibility of failure but I'm goin nonetheless. If you want ...
Read more : Bozeman area hiking buddies? | Views : 6140 | Replies : 1

Winds Partners for the Summer

Just moved to Pinedale for the summer (hopefully longer though) and was looking for partners for mountaineering in the Winds and possibly the Tetons. I have all the gear necessary, my own car, and an extreme willingness to learn; my experience so far includes several 14ers by technical routes in Colorado and extensive experience climbing trad up to 5.8. Looking for partners with flexible schedules (currently my work schedule is 4 days on, 3 days ...
Read more : Winds Partners for the Summer | Views : 8008 | Replies : 4

Wind River Range

Hello all,

I am new to the site. I am an 18 year-old high school senior from Minnesota, and am planning a trip to the Wind River Range next summer. I am looking for a reliable and friendly person that would be willing to backpack with me into the range, probably Titcomb Basin and day trips. I am in top shape and am looking for someone who would be able to hike 15-20 miles a ...
Read more : Wind River Range | Views : 6473 | Replies : 2

Idaho Alpine/Ice - 2014-2015

Looking to tag along on a summit bid this winter. I've slowly been working up to this point and would like the opportunity to see how it's done. Borah would great but I'm open to anything a rookie can complete safely (as safe as one could expect while climbing a mountain).
Read more : Idaho Alpine/Ice - 2014-2015 | Views : 8652 | Replies : 4

Grand Teton Sept 20-21

The weather this weekend in much of Colorado looks kind of iffy, but for the Tetons it looks perfect.

Grand Teton summit area forecast:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... BdC1PldWgY

The web cam indicates pretty dry conditions right now (though some precip might fall between now and then, but it doesn't look like much):

http://www.jacksonholenet.com/webcams/e ... _butte.php

As of right now they are predicting 0% chance ...
Read more : Grand Teton Sept 20-21 | Views : 7070 | Replies : 0

Glacier anyone?

Supposed to visit a friend outside Missoula and I'll be in the area sept 13 through the 19th if anyone is up for some climbing and backpacking
Read more : Glacier anyone? | Views : 6354 | Replies : 0

Climbing Partners - September, 2014

Anyone interested in climbing Gannett, WY or Granite, MT in September 2014? Give a shout to javarogue@gmail.com
Read more : Climbing Partners - September, 2014 | Views : 6575 | Replies : 0

Elephants Perch

Wanna climb it. You? Long time climber, 50 yrs old, male, super safe. I want to get out of town, do some hiking and climbing 5-6 days, summer is ending...posting.php?mode=post&f=49#

john
Read more : Elephants Perch | Views : 6881 | Replies : 0

Granite and/or Gannett - July 19 to July 28

I am looking for one to three partners interested in climbing Granite and Gannett sometime between
July 19 and July 28th. I'd like to do both peaks but will take one if that's all that will fit your schedule.

I am 58, in good shape, with lots of climbing experience (I've completed all the 14ers, in addition to a
couple of the Mexican volcanoes last March, and past experience on top Rainier and Kilimanjaro).

My ...
Read more : Granite and/or Gannett - July 19 to July 28 | Views : 7210 | Replies : 0

July Wyoming Trip

Hi,

I am seeking partners for a 4 week trip to Wyoming, starting in early July. Actual dates to be confirmed. I am primarily interested in the classic alpine climbs in the Tetons and Wind River Ranges. However, I am open to other destinations (Devil's Tower, Gannett Peak, City of Rocks, etc.).

I tend to prefer alpine & long multi-pitch trad climbs, but I also enjoy single pitch cragging and bouldering.

I expect to start ...
Read more : July Wyoming Trip | Views : 10114 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557963 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136436