Nice way down

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
xDoogiex

by xDoogiex » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 am

that was sweet

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 am

Fab. Jumping off the Eiger! He's pushed the envelope of solo climbing by carrying a 'chute "dying, to flying". The problem is, you need to have gotten high enough for the 'chute to open. So there's still that dead-zone.

Boydie

by Boydie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Ray, you should check these ones out. The first one features a couple of bits from the video you posted originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efs2zdQp0RE (this one shows some snippets of the base jumps he has down over the years).

And this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm8fqzxW0Tw&NR=1, covers his base jump along the Matterhorn this year.

The guy in it, Jeb Corless, was featured a couple of months ago on Channel 4 as part of their Daredevils season. If I remember rightly he had a broken hand at the time of the Matterhorn jump!

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Boydie wrote:Ray, you should check these ones out. The first one features a couple of bits from the video you posted originally.

The guy in it, Jeb Corless, was featured a couple of months ago on Channel 4 as part of their Daredevils season. If I remember rightly he had a broken hand at the time of the Matterhorn jump!

Holy cow, from the chopper he had to get that approach right.

Boydie

by Boydie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:35 pm

RayMondo wrote:
Boydie wrote:Ray, you should check these ones out. The first one features a couple of bits from the video you posted originally.

Holy cow, from the chopper he had to get that approach right.

Yeah, looked like he was shaving those pinnacles at points!!!

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 pm

There are some video fatalities on the 'Tube. I'm disinclined to watch them. It is enough to know that their comrades pay tribute. Although there is no justification to die young, it is better to have really lived than hardly lived at all.

phlipdascrip

by phlipdascrip » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 am

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:Sender films has a pretty good DVD that includes some great climbing stuff as well as some awesome BASE stuff. The "sharp end" is about leading new routes and pushing limits, and it's quite well done.

Agreed, but I found the way they portrait themselves as death-defying heroes simply pathetic and embarrassing.

Previous

Return to General