Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 pm

yatsek wrote:It seems so, but why on earth does this problem affect only some people living in the EU (or in the same EU country)?

Because of the new laws passed in the EU with privacy and cookies.

yatsek

by yatsek » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
yatsek wrote:It seems so, but why on earth does this problem affect only some people living in the EU (or in the same EU country)?

Because of the new laws passed in the EU with privacy and cookies.

OK but several European SP members are not affected -- why? I live in Poland and the only thing I can do is write on the forum while other Polish members, e.g. Tomek Lodowy and Konrad Sus, have submitted several photos recently. I just emailed Tomek and he said he didn't have any trouble.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 pm

yatsek wrote:OK but several European SP members are not affected -- why?

Probably because they have selected different options for saving cookies in their browsers.

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:11 am

Montana Matt wrote:
yatsek wrote:OK but several European SP members are not affected -- why?

Probably because they have selected different options for saving cookies in their browsers.

That's unlikely - the one I emailed has not changed his default cookie settings; mine are (and were) the same as what you've recommended.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 pm

yatsek wrote:That's unlikely - the one I emailed has not changed his default cookie settings; mine are (and were) the same as what you've recommended.

It's all speculation for me unless I can recreate it on my computer and inspect how the cookies are being saved and stored. The only explanation is the way cookies are saved though, so it has to be something to do with that. The exact details I don't know.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
yatsek

hansw

by hansw » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:48 pm

On my Profile, My Images – section is showing bad using my Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.3 OnePlus 5T phone.
Every image occupies the full screen. This means that you have to swipe fifty images to reach your Mountains, Trip Reports, Articles, etc. In addition the images are blurred. Anyone else who experience this?
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm

The new editor won't allow any edits of pages that have several photos. It's been that way for a while now.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Scott wrote:The new editor won't allow any edits of pages that have several photos. It's been that way for a while now.

Right. It hangs because of the way it uses javascript with the images. I have reported that to the people who made the software, but haven't received a fix yet.

yatsek

by yatsek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
yatsek wrote:That's unlikely - the one I emailed has not changed his default cookie settings; mine are (and were) the same as what you've recommended.

It's all speculation for me unless I can recreate it on my computer and inspect how the cookies are being saved and stored. The only explanation is the way cookies are saved though, so it has to be something to do with that. The exact details I don't know.

I've finally resorted to using an American IP address via a VPN and it seems to work well enough.

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:47 pm

I just added (using the ancient editor) some information about a new map to the following two pages:
Świnica to Kozi Wierch
Krzyżne to Skrajny Granat
and the pages have been turned into a textless mess of photos on a grey background.

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm

yatsek wrote:
Montana Matt wrote:

I've finally resorted to using an American IP address via a VPN and it seems to work well enough.

Today I've tried a couple of EU IPs (including one Polish) and they worked well too.

The following user would like to thank yatsek for this post
Matt Miller

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:The new editor won't allow any edits of pages that have several photos. It's been that way for a while now.

Right. It hangs because of the way it uses javascript with the images. I have reported that to the people who made the software, but haven't received a fix yet.

So what is the purpose of the New Editor? It looks almost the same as the old editor, but it doesn't seem to work for anyone.

What is it's purpose and if there isn't much difference, why not just can the new editor? It seems like is just discouraging people from posting anything.

The old editor seems to work so much better, but new users wouldn't know this.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
T. White, ZeeJay

yatsek

by yatsek » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:01 pm

yatsek wrote:I just added (using the ancient editor) some information about a new map to the following two pages:
Świnica to Kozi Wierch
and the pages have been turned into a textless mess of photos on a grey background.

Can nothing be done about this?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:01 am

yatsek wrote:
yatsek wrote:I just added (using the ancient editor) some information about a new map to the following two pages:
Świnica to Kozi Wierch

Can nothing be done about this?

I was able to fix them, but I couldn't use the ancient editor to do so. It must be a bad code somewhere?

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
yatsek

yatsek

by yatsek » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am

Scott wrote:I was able to fix them, but I couldn't use the ancient editor to do so. It must be a bad code somewhere?

Thanks. I don't know what it is, which makes me afraid to edit pages :?

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback