Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Alpinist

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Alpinist » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:10 am

Scott wrote:
Alpinist wrote:No POW update today? Is that an automated process or manual?

Automated

The POW did not update this week. The current POW listed is the one from Oct 31st.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:46 pm

It appears that MyTopo changed it's format and the MyTopo maps on SP no longer work. Is anyone aware of this and is anyone working on an alternative?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:02 pm

Alpinist wrote:It appears that MyTopo changed it's format and the MyTopo maps on SP no longer work. Is anyone aware of this and is anyone working on an alternative?

It's probably best to just scrap the MyTopo link since if you click on the coordinates on each page, it takes you to Google Maps which has all the surrounding peaks as well.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:21 am

Scott wrote:
Alpinist wrote:It appears that MyTopo changed it's format and the MyTopo maps on SP no longer work. Is anyone aware of this and is anyone working on an alternative?

It's probably best to just scrap the MyTopo link since if you click on the coordinates on each page, it takes you to Google Maps which has all the surrounding peaks as well.

The problem with Google Maps is its limitation with trails. It only shows major trails. Compare Google Maps with All Trails below for North Peak in Yosemite.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/us/california/north-peak-from-saddlebag-lake?mobileMap=false&ref=sidebar-static-map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/North+Peak/@37.9724349,-119.2991953,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x809653fcdee9e9cf:0xcaffbc72cbe395cd!8m2!3d37.9821454!4d-119.3146018!5m1!1e4

Stu Brandel

by Stu Brandel » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:49 am

It seems like you cannot search by city or town any longer. Used to be able to enter a town in the search box and get the nearby mountains.

T. White
Forum Moderator

by T. White » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:01 am

Stu Brandel wrote:It seems like you cannot search by city or town any longer. Used to be able to enter a town in the search box and get the nearby mountains.

Same. I've tried several times and no dice.

Silvia Mazzani
Forum Moderator

by Silvia Mazzani » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:11 pm

When i enter a page to do a change, then press the button SUBMIT, it appears this answer: "La pagina non funziona www.summitpost.org al momento non è in grado di gestire la richiesta".
HTTP ERROR 500
"The page is not working www.summitpost.org is not currently able to handle the request".

nader

by nader » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:04 am

I get the exact same problem that Sylvia mentioned above. When I want to edit my "Potato Hill" (Colorado page) using the Old Editor (which I used to format the page years ago), I get a message that says:

This page isn’t working right nowwww.summitpost.org can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:28 pm

Scott wrote:

I've gone ahead and removed the MyTopo link (cached pages will update within 24 hours). Does anyone know a functional alternative that would provide good detailed topo maps with trails that is free or affordable to link to?

Stu Brandel wrote:It seems like you cannot search by city or town any longer. Used to be able to enter a town in the search box and get the nearby mountains.

I am aware of this but I've not worked on a fix just yet. I'll take a look today to see if it is fixable. I think it is not working due to the fact the service we were using discontinued a product that was integral for this functionality. I will look to see if it is fixable.

Silvia Mazzani wrote:When i enter a page to do a change, then press the button SUBMIT, it appears this answer: "La pagina non funziona http://www.summitpost.org al momento non è in grado di gestire la richiesta".
HTTP ERROR 500
"The page is not working http://www.summitpost.org is not currently able to handle the request".

I fixed this a couple of days ago. I thought I posted here to this thread asking for people to confirm that it is fixed but I don't see my post now!

Can someone please confirm that the HTTP ERROR 500 is resolved now and pages can be edited again?

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
ZeeJay

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:49 pm

T. White wrote:

Same. I've tried several times and no dice.

OK, I made a fix that should allow searching by location again. It's not as fancy as the previous version, which would autocomplete, but it is the best I could do in a pinch. I might try to implement another autocomplete style drop-down or just leave it as is.

Please let me know if you notice any bugs with the location search. I've not really tested it all that well but it does seem to work.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
T. White, ZeeJay

nader

by nader » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:18 pm

ERROR 500 has resolved, thanks.

The following user would like to thank nader for this post
Matt Miller

nader

by nader » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:45 pm

The odd thing is that went I went back to my page, the changes that I had been trying to make had already been made.

I then twice tried to put a space between the text and a picture. I did not get the ERROR 500 message anymore but my intended change never showed on my page. Do I need to wait for the change to show later?

Just did not want to mess with it any more.

no avatar
dariokr0305

by dariokr0305 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:32 am

where can i delete my images?

Alberto Rampini

by Alberto Rampini » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:01 pm

dariokr0305 wrote:where can i delete my images?

You must click on the image, then at the top of the orange bar press the button DELETE THIS PAGE to request the deletion of the images. The cancellation is made by the webmaster of the site.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue May 23, 2023 2:07 pm

When I tried to post a message in the CA regional message forum I get the following error message. It won't let me post the message...

You are not yet allowed to post in this way. Questions? Send an email to: webmaster@summitpost.org.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback