Tlachichuca lodging

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
Woodie Hopper

Tlachichuca lodging

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:43 pm

Hey there,

Anyone know how to get to the Canchola's or to Senor Reyes' place once in Tlachichuca?

Woodie

Haliku

Re: Tlachichuca lodging

by Haliku » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:34 pm

To the Limon's:
While standing facing the church (blue and white) and being at the opposite end of the square (as far away from the church as possible) turn 90 degrees right and leave straight out of the square. Stay on this street until you see a 4 way intersection where the opposite corner on the right is an empty lot. Turn right and go 30 yards. Limon's compound is on the right. Ring bell/buzzer.

It should only take 5 minutes (without a ton of gear) to get there from the square. Cheers!
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm

Haliku,

Thank you very much. I also appreciated your trip reports and info on the sites for Ixta and Orizaba!

Woodie

tjbst47

by tjbst47 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:42 pm

I stayed at Canchola's in November, they are nice there. I payed some kids a few pesos to take me there from the town square, although it is only a few blocks away.

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:39 am

Justin,

Not yet, I leave for Puebla Friday. I'm going to Ixta first. I'll post my trip report after I get back. I'm driving myself, so transportation hopefully won't be a problem. I'm pretty excited to get out there after working a week of nights!

Woodie

Haliku

by Haliku » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:29 pm

Good luck!

Edit: Congrats on making it a successful trip!
Last edited by Haliku on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Thanks guys for all of the help. I summited Ixta and Orizaba without any problems (I had great weather). Summit logs and trip reports to follow.

Woodie

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:07 am

Douc,

I rented a car and drove myself; I didn't really have much trouble- except after missing the turn off to Chalco and winding-up in Mexico City- ouch! I met some Americans in Tlachichuca including a guy from Salt Lake who is interested in Aconcagua sometime in the near future. My plans are to go to Ecuador next fall for Cotopaxi and Chimborazo possibly with "Oso" from Tlachichuca- he doesn't require a prior crevasse rescue course, provides fixed ropes and teaches crevasse skills on his trips to South America where they might be needed. He is very reasonable cost-wise and a nice guy. Check out his website, he does Aconcagua climbs too ~ $2,800. If you are interested in Ecuador (or something that doesn't require not showering 2-3 weeks!) let me know!

Woodie

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean