Servants?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 pm

1000Pks wrote:There's hundreds of photos and text at PTP about desert peaks. Although you'd have to be a confirmed desert peaker to appreciate any of them. With Huascaran on your profile, you are clearly beyond me. Like said by one MLC SC who claimed to Robson, there's nothing we do that would be of any interest, incl. Yosemite walls, by them.

A humbling mountaineer would not think like this. Just because you have climbed such and such peak doesn't mean that such and such peak is beneath you. What kind of thinking is that? That's called elitism. Have you ever met Peter Croft? One of the most humble and genuine dude I've ever met. When I grow up I want to be like him.

1000Pks wrote:I've really been there done that as far as peaks to climb.

I see. So there's no peaks left in the world that's worth your time eh?

rhyang

by rhyang » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

this is way better than PnP...

No .. just a place of sadness. How many of us will also succumb in our old age ?

I remember near the end my dad making paranoid accusations too .. growing up he was a source of strength for me, an inspiration. I remember him teaching me how to solder, us building a short-wave radio kit together, learning about computers.

By the time I'd graduated college, he was gone, mentally. I was the oldest in my family, and he never got to see us (his kids) succeed in life, nor meet any of his grandchildren.

:cry:

IMO Just let it be. There's really nothing more to say.

OJ Loenneker

by OJ Loenneker » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

1000Pks wrote:Sounds like laws being made. So, I can't speak my mind at SP?

And that'd be Area 51 (?). Nothing to do with that.

btw, "obsession" seems to be more ridicule. How that got around, how many doctors in the house?

You can speak your mind all you like. BUT, you cannot demand someone to listen. These are not "new laws being made" here, they in fact, have been around for a long time. It's just new technology, and ways to "speak".

And, yes, I think you are obsessed with this. It seems like 90% of your content on this site has something to do with the Sierra Club. And by the way I am not a represenative of the SC, heck I have only been to the Sierra range once in my life.

If the owners or managers of SP think that you are doing harm to their site or advertisers, then yes they have all the right in the world to censor your inputs on their private web site. There is no Constitutional rights on your behalf that are being infringed.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Pete doesn't have dementia; IMHO, his attitude is nothing that human interaction or an SSRI couldn't fix.

But it is time for me to sign off the thread. I'm not helping; this is like trying to budge a gallon water bottle with a 10' willow wand.

sevenvii

by sevenvii » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 am

And the sickness goes on.

Yeah, it sure as hell does. But from an outsider who has no clue to these clubs or cults or whatever the hell you seem to have so much angst towards, it seems you have a sickness you need to get over, asap. Made for an interesting read though on a rather uninteresting evening.

Sleighty

by Sleighty » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:05 am

You have to realize, that you're speaking to a new generation that has no idea and does not care about the SC, any of the chapters...The SC is like the south butt, always relaxing...we already know, and we don't care. Why burn bridges with an entire new generation which has nothing to do with the past, nor cares?

Have to agree with this. As an up and coming ecologist, as well as a budding climber/hiker/adventure-seeker I am already well aware of the SC being a far cry from their original intentions and glory. I stray away. I'm sure many do. But it's almost an irrelevant issue now. Most of our generation aren't exactly seduced by the sultry ways of the SC. There's extremists on both sides of everything...

JasonH

by JasonH » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 am

butitsadryheat wrote:
1000Pks wrote:
So what is the real story Pete, I still never heard it. Did they take you out for a hike but you ended up at a whore house in NV? Did they kick you out of the SC for being an Asian? What's the juicy part, lets hear it...You can PM me the details if you want, there's probably good reason I don't know after reading all these SC bagging threads...

Off-topic. Get back to you if you do have reading problems.

Quote:
this is way better than PnP...

No .. just a place of sadness. How many of us will also succumb in our old age ?

I remember near the end my dad making paranoid accusations too .. growing up he was a source of strength for me, an inspiration. I remember him teaching me how to solder, us building a short-wave radio kit together, learning about computers.

By the time I'd graduated college, he was gone, mentally. I was the oldest in my family, and he never got to see us (his kids) succeed in life, nor meet any of his grandchildren.

IMO Just let it be. There's really nothing more to say.

And the sickness goes on.

Not even for a national holiday does the hate stop!

Those who have spent their good time and been puzzled by this thread, PM this guy. The originator of the current issue, another SP rip-off. Ask him why does he do this?

Do you know who rhyang is? (hint: he is not a hate-filled racist) If you did, you would not say what you did. This is really turning weird.

Turning? I think it was weird from the first post.

Gak Icenberg

by Gak Icenberg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:37 am

rhyang wrote: Just let it be. There's really nothing more to say.
rhyang, you and I have alot in common

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 am

JasonH wrote:Turning? I think it was weird from the first post.

+1

Before that, though. Like for some years now.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 am

butitsadryheat wrote:I don't think most on this site give a rats behind about the SC, let alone the MLC.

Never in my life heard of "MLC" until I saw it posted by one person on summitpost. Since learning what the abbreviation stands for, I have always thought it is a pretty stupid name for an organization, by the way.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 am

squishy wrote:mother load chapter

That's the wrong spelling. But that name would be irritating as well.

no avatar
nhluhr

by nhluhr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Day Hiker wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote:I don't think most on this site give a rats behind about the SC, let alone the MLC.

Never in my life heard of "MLC" until I saw it posted by one person on summitpost. Since learning what the abbreviation stands for, I have always thought it is a pretty stupid name for an organization, by the way.
It's not all that strange... "Mother Lode" is just a reference to the gold rush that led to early exploration of the area. Google taught me that.

As for Sierra Club... I figured out when I was 15 that I wanted nothing to do with them.

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander